Look at me!

Hello all, I am new, heh… yeah… anyways, I wouldn’t post if I did not have anything to say… so here is what I have to say. :happy:

I probably would have never stumbled upon this site if I diddn’t see a certain movie, which I now hold as one of my favorites. The movie is called ‘Waking Life’ and all I’ll say is, (just so I dont give too much away :wink: ) it’s main theme is lucid dreams.

Now I don’t usually go gallivanting around throwing advertisements for movies all over the place like it’s going out of style, but I feel that you all may connect with this movie or something…

After seeing the movie, I visited this site and recieved a virtual punch in the face… It blew my mind… I thought that lucid dreams were only had by Native Americans when they tripped payotee, or by Homer Simpson when he ate the worlds hottest chili pepper.

So, now I am going to attempt this here ‘Lucid Dreaming’ business… and I got all the facts and ‘what to do’s’ from this site, so thanks

:smile:

Hey there, good to see that “waking life” did its job well in introducing new people to this strange but rewarding pastime :smile:

Spread the word, tell all your friends (who might not think you’re so crazy if they saw the movie themselves :wink: )

Would be nice to have LDing recognized a little more in the media…

i personally think movies about dreaming should be a genre. think of it, it could really take off as a popular thing to do movies on. btw check out vanilla sky too, awesome LD movie!!!

hey there people=) i’m new to this forum too,… but accually i came across this site like… long time ago but never wrote anything in here. i’m liking this new forum!

anyhow… i just wanted to reply beacause i thought it’s very interesting that there IS movies on LD’s, because i didn’t know! i’m definately going to go to blockbuster and rent it… i think lucid dreaming is really interesting, i have lucid dreams… mostly during weekends when i get to sleep late. My friend introduced me to lucid dreams about a year ago, i’m glad she did.

well… yeah… gotta rent that movie…:content:

I liked Waking Life too. Great movie!

In my oppinion movies are great way to beable to lucid dream. Wat you do is you watch a movie when you goin to go to sleep and try to go to sleep during it. then sometimes yo u have a lucid dream when your in tthe movie or you have a regular dream about the movie any way its kinda kool. Some good movies for lucid dreaming about is the mummy, patriot,and other war movies. A couple days ago i tried to lucid dream about the patriot it never came or was a lucid dream. It was kinda cool though the regular dream :cool:. I suggest you watch movies before goin to sleep the dreams are so cool. :cool: hope you give it a shot. :happy:

Well here’s the site of Waking Life Movie
Since I live here in Norway, I haven’t been able to see Waking Life. After a check on Internet I’ve found out that Waking Life will be released in many European countries, but not in Scandinavia (at least not in a while… aargh! :silent:). I would really like to see the film, so I am really disappointed.
Now maybe you will say something like “Why don’t you just order the DVD from another European country?” Well, here’s the situation:

I am a hard of hearing. When people looks directly at me and speaks loud and softly, I have no problems hearing what they says… But the English they speaks in movies… No chance to understand :-(. It means that I am dependent to support from English or Norweagan subtitling to understand what people say in movies. I’ve checked, and the DVD doesn’t include English or Norweagian subtitles, which it would if it was released in Norway. (and we don’t have any DVD player yet… But I think we’ll get one soon, so that’s not any problem)