Shogun's Second LD

On Tuesday May 27, 2003, I had my second lucid dream. The dream started while I was falling from a real high altitude. I was going down really fast without a parachute or anything. I was wondering if this is real or just a dream. I was really scared. As I neared the ground, I was preparing for my death. I knew this “might” be a dream. I was thinking that if this turns out to be a dream, I will do some experimentations and do things that I wouldn’t normally do. Anyways. When I was just a few feet from the ground, I started to float and I landed peacefully on the ground. At that moment, I knew it was a dream. But, I wasn’t fully lucid. There was this guy about 30 feet or so from the place I landed at. He was giving some speech. And I was his only audience. After a few seconds, I became lucid and said to myself “I’m lucid.” I got up and started walking around. I was looking for someone to mess with. I looked at my watch, and I couldn’t make out the digits on there. My walking was not normal. I had some control over it, but it was like I’m dizzy or something. Then, I saw some girl walking by. I was thinking of going up to her and start touching her body. But the thing is, the situation felt very real. So, I didn’t touch the girl or anything, because I thought maybe this isn’t a dream. So I just walked by her and got away from her. That was the end of my dream.

Why is it that I confused the situation in my dream with reality, especially after becoming lucid earlier in the dream? Does that happen sometimes?

Don’t worry, Shogun, what you experienced is quite common :wink: . For some reason, it can be easy to slip back into normal dreaming during your first LDs. You just have to keep at it and focus. The more practice you get, the longer you’ll be able to stay lucid and the more control you’ll have.