Levels of Lucidity

Does anybody have any ideas as to what factors affect the level of lucidity in an LD? I’m trying to have more vivid ones, as far as I can tell the most vivid ones I’ve had were in the darkest rooms…

Dont know what factors realy, one thing i do know is that with some supplements or drugs (calea for example) the vividness of dreams and the lengt of a LD can be greatly increased.

i want to know this myself…

i actually recently discovered that too. my room is sooooooooooooo bright and i recently started using an eye shade and i instantly started to remember more dreams/have more lucid dreams. i think darkness might be a factor

Darkness is known to increase the amount of Melatonin produced in the brain. This is why people feel more tired at night than they do during the day, even if they haven’t actually been awake for that long. Melatonin, as we know, tends to give you more vivid dreams.

On the other hand, I’ve been thinking a lot about how ambient light may in fact help you to become lucid. After all, the conscious part of your brain is more alert when it gets bright, which helps you to wake up. ‘Waking up’ in your dream is the intention after all.

umm i know that the more you want to remember a dream the clearer the lucid dream is, or maybe thats only becuase you remember it better i am not sure though

That would make sense - taking supplementary melatonin is known to increase the vividness and length of dreams. Unfortunately it is not sold here in the UK…

You will get the best level of lucidity when your body is not tired and when your brain is fresh and lucid mind. this are the 2 factors that influence the most on the lucidity level in your lucid dreams. you get this by using the NAP method -

1. You go to sleep for about 5-6 hours. this will let your body rest, and make it much less tired.

2. You get out of bed for about 1 or 1.5 hour, this will drop all remainders of tiredness and blurring from your mind/brain and make it very fresh and lucid.

Now when you go back to sleep you have fresh body and lucid mind - your chances for lucid dream, and for high lucidity level - are the BEST.

Happy Lucid dreaming! :smile: