Sleeping later then usually?

If you sleep a few extra hours in the morning will that increase your chances of becoming lucid? I normally sleep 9 hours but ive been sleeping closer to 12 now that its summer.

More sleep = more REM = more dreams = more chances of LDs right? :eh:

I´d say definately yes.

Although to me it is harder to stay in the dream after 11 or 12 hours of sleep

Traumgänger

i’ve done the 12 hour thing before, it doesn’t seem to work for me, it’s just too much sleep. i found 9 or 10 to be better for me.

Yes! After a certain amount of time, depending on a few things you’ll have more or less continuous REM, I’m guessing it would be after 10 hours sometime. But I don’t think its just that fact that you have more REM, I think its because you’re much closer to being awake, you’re slighty more concious aswell. Nearly all my proper LDs have been in the last hours of my sleep, and when I sleep for like 12 hours I almost always have an LD. So yea, it does help.

When u sleep more then 8 hours your sleep becomes less deep and rem sleep cycles will still be there so the chance u will have a ld is better.
Although the optimum chance 4 a ld this way will be a bit different for all, some will do best at 8 hours of sleep others will do best at 9, 10 or even more hours of sleep.
Still the best chance 4 a ld is at a midday nap!

Jeff

I’ve had some interesting experiences with sleeping a long time and getting LDs. In fact, I’ve had 7 LDs in the past 3 days…which is VERY strange for me…and 4 of them (all but 1 of the good ones) were caused by a MILD/WILD hybrid performed in the later stages of my sleep…say 7 or 8 in the morning. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that hard to get into a semi-WILD stage. And from then, it was pretty easy to go into a fairly good/long LD, although it was a bit difficult to stay in the dream at first, because I could feel myself sleeping…

Pinkster :lmao:

This is true for some. It really helps me. I found that hours 10-12 are really good LD times. Any farther than that hours 13-14 it gets crappy because you’r body is trying to wake up so you lose Lucidy as time goes on. I also found that I sleep way better in the winter than I do in the summer.

Dreamwalker try this…sleep 8 hours and at noon, midday, go back 4 a nap. Laberge found out midday naps are ther best 4 lds.
I tried 4 a year and indeed had everyday a ld at that nap.
Try at the weekends :happy:

Greetings,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I’ll try it and tell you what happens.