Ever had a dream about lucid dreams?

Have any of you people ever had a normal dream that was lucid dream related? For example, I had one dream in which my Dad and I were walking along the outside of a strip mall when I saw a store devoted to lucid dreams coming up. I really wanted to go inside, but I thought my Dad would say “No” and get mad. All I saw was a sign that had “LD” with a few decorations around it. It was a fun, sort of cartoony sign.

And just recently I had a long dream in which I was supposedly having a lucid dream :neutral:. I don’t remember much, now that it’s been a week and a half or so, but I remember doing a lot of things I would have in an LD, but I wasn’t concious in this dream. It’s like my mind took what I’ve been planning to do in an LD and had me doing them in what was supposedly a real lucid dream, to make it as convincing as possible. In the “lucid dream”, I somehow knew that my dad, brother and I were all sharing the same dream. All I remember in this area of the dream was in the lucid dream in my dream, I told my Dad, “Ripped Paper.” When I “woke up” from the LD, my Dad said “Ripped Paper” to confirm to me that we were in fact having a shared lucid dream.

I think my mind is mocking me :hm:. But seriously, has anyone else had a dream about lucid dreams? They’re very frustrating.

Yea, quite often. I’ve had several where I’ve been talking to someone about lucid dreams. It really is quite annoying… :grrr:

i had a dream where i figured out i was dreaming because i rememered how i died earlier in the dream if you can understand that lol

by the way jabbervock…i like your signature :happy:

No your mind is not mocking you :smile: . It is busy internalizing all that lucid-dreaming stuff you absorb during the day by reading and writing on this forum, and by thinking about lucid-dreaming in general. This kind of dreams is good news, it means coming close to the real thing. It is proof that your really INTENT to have a lucid dream. You dream about things that concern you, and lucid dreaming seems to genuinely concern you! Don’t let this frustrate you, take it as a positive sign. Otherwise if you worry about it or even hate it your subconscious may take it as a sign to reject lucid dreaming and that’s the last thing you want I hope…

I have to agree with BrainHacker. Your brain’s not mocking you at all. In fact your subconscious is HELPING you! Let it help you some more! Don’t feel like your subconscious is resisting you! Let it help you! :smile: Good luck with your LD (which will be soon… I believe in ya… I know you can do it!) :grin:

I wish you the best journey in the lucid land! Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

I have had some very irritating fake LD’s. Very strange is when I dream that I try to WILD. I really feel strong vibrations and third eye feelings, very very strange. I have had those dreams several times. Also cool is when you have a LD and you wake up and start thinking about the LD and maybe writing it down- but you are still sleeping! You only dreamed that you woke up :cool_laugh: !

Fake LD’s and false awakening are really strange stuff!

JJJ

I had a dream once where I was at a University library and some girls came in and I overheard them saying that they wanted to check out the lucid dreaming collection. I told them that there wasn’t much of one at this library and then suggested where they should go.

Meh. Maybe I should have gone there with them! :sad: