1st Post, 1st Topic, 1st idea :)

Ok, im new and still havn’t had a LD yet, though i am a firm believer. ok so while we’re dreaming, instead of remembering to do a reality check, couldn’t we just try to remember the last time we slept? wouldn’t that automatically make u lucid, as its just like knowing your sleeping??

sorry if this sounds retarded, im still pretty new at this :smile:

REMEMBERING is a problem in general:)
Never mind wheter its the rc or anything else supposed to remind about being in a dream:)
welcome to the forum:)

ok fair enough, but i just developed a new method! (yes i really want to have a lucid dream so im desperate) i read that putting L on one hand and D on the other, and performing a RC whenever u saw your hand would help. well how about writing L and D down normally but before u go to sleep put some random lines over the letters. U know there are random drawings on your hands now right? ok, well if u perform this RC in your dream u never saw the lines and therefore should see nothing but a regular L and D right? This would be a huge clue that your dreaming. if i do the RC i’ll tell u if it worked, someone else should try it with me, one thats already had LD’s before :razz:

Welcome to the forum! :cool_laugh:

Normally, looking at your hands for any good amount of time triggers lucidity anyway, because your hands end up looking pretty weird. Of course, its different from everybody, but I’ve heard of people that have looked at their hands in dreams see everything from extra fingers to torn-up knuckles. The L and D is just yet another reminder, to get you thinking. Like what was previously said, its remembering at all thats the hard part. If you remember enough to look at your hands and examine them for 5 seconds, you’ll probably go lucid.

Well RCs really don’t work for me, to me they’re just a big pain in the ass haha. I think LDs should come naturally; as in you should work with your mind to have one rather than tricking it to.

i have a question: if i randomly have a lucid dream w/in a week of reading stuff about LDs (w/ out doing a RC) can i expect to keep just having these random epiphanys of “hey i’m dreaming” or was that just a one time deal?

I can’t say what will happen in the future but it seems just reading about LDing triggered an LD so I think you have some talent. If you do a good LD-technique you would probably have a lot of LDs so why don’t you try that? I also have random short low-level LDs when I don’t practice LD-techniques but high-level LD’s are much better of course!

can you suggest some good LD techniques BrainHacker?

Brainhacker: love the avatar… is that a calligraphy for “enso” (mind)?

i read somewhere that it helps to find invent good reality checks by thinking back as far as you can to remember what made you lucid. (if you haven’t gotten lucid yet, just experiment). i was doing a whole bunch of RCs at first involving reading and looking at my hands… i would do these RCs in my dreams, but after something else triggered lucidity. it turned out doing various experiments with gravity worked best for me. blah blah… anyways, experiment

most likely if you see your hands in a dream and focus on them…you will know you’re dreaming. every time i’ve seen my hands when i was dreaming it instantly triggered lucidity. all you have to do is tell yourself that in your dreams your hands look different and you have an unusual amount of fingers or something like that…

edit: sorry shift…didn’t read your post till after i posted this…heh

For my first and only LD, text/numbers changing on me triggered lucidity. It was playing cards changing to other numbers and suits. I try to think about those changing, when I go to sleep. It hasn’t worked again so far.

RCs dont really work for me either because I remember when I was checking the time on my cell phone in my dream because thats what I usually do IRL, it was just showing all these wierd symbols and stuff but in my dream I thought it was normal so I dont think checking writings and numbers and stuff really works for me.

Rcs itself wont have a lot working power.They are supposed to be done according to your dream signs.
You need to let yourself know you will be doing rcs in a particular situations.If you keep dreaming about riding a bus then u perform your checks everytime you`re on the bus.
Also you keep telling yourself “im on the bus then i must be dreaming”.
It works best as such combo.Of course as a part of mild method they will work left alone,im just pointing more efficient way.
good luck

RCs dont really work for me either… I was doing lots of them all the time, looking at my hands, switching lights etc… But I cant remember any dreams where I would remember doing any normal tasks which might be associated with LD…
I have just got lucid from realising it from random occasions, like this aint possible, or then like saddle back said, testing gravity works…
I guess everyone just has to try to find their own way.