New to LD's, having a few problems, though.

hi, im new, and i learned about lucid dreaming about a year ago, even though i’ve had about 3 or 4 accidental LD’s in my life. Now, i’d like to consciously have them, but i haven’t really gotten a chance to practice too much. plz tell me if this plan sounds good:

-Drink some mint tea and milk with honey ( i heard that helps), or take some DHEA (heard that also helps)
-MILD technique until i fall asleep, at around 12 AM.
-wake up at 5-ish (WBTB)
-stay up for 30 mins (before, i stayed up for 90 and 60 mins and found it impossible to go back to sleep on both occasions)
-sleep and then more MILD
-wait for lucid dream?

are the times that i go to sleep and wake up about right? also, is there something wrong in the way im doing it, or something better?
oh btw, i have this problem with light. I have a skylight that lets in morning sunlight, and since it’s summer, it shines up the room pretty well, and makes it hard to sleep.

also, when i try the WBTB method, i have an alarm wake me. The problem is, since the alarm is next to my bed, i just sluggishly slap the “off” button and go back to sleep. And when I wake up, i don’t even remember doing it. how can i stop doing that? :bored:

thx all! im still optimistic about the whole thing, i know i’ll get there somehow! :cheesy:

Im pretty sure WILD is supposed to work best for complete LDing, I just wanted to try it here at the computer, and Im tired now =P I dont that If I did that, before long, even when now, I would have LDed :grin:

Hey, welcome to the forum. :cool_laugh:

To answer some of your questions, I think the skylight problem would be remedied by getting some eye miffs (y’know, those pads that people wear over their eyes to block out light while sleeping). As far as the LD schedule goes, it looks good. To make WBTB work, though, you do have to drag yourself out of bed for a while. When your alarm wakes you up, as hard as it is, you have to just force yourself awake and get up. Use lucid dreaming as an incentive. :grin:

but…WILD is also the hardest method to do. takes tons of practice usually. i don’t know of anyone at this board even who has ever done WILD completely successfully.

Besides Freecube, who said anything about WILDing? :eh: I thought we were talking about Entropie.

Dunno XP I just thought I’d bring it up e.e

i would try WILD when i get more experience, but i heard that the MILD and WBTB bethod were the best for beginners. i agree that WILD sounds just as the acronym suggests.

shift: i know what you’re talking about, those bands that cover your eyes. are you sure they’re called eyemuffs? i’ve only seen them in movies. i looked for them online, but no luck finding any :confused: .

I’m taking mint tea to have more vivid dreams. I had the intention to keep a dream journal until i noticed that my mind went blank whenever i tried to remember one. and for the clock, i’ll place it somewhere else in my room where i have to get up, so i’ll hopefully be awake enough to remember lucid dreaming.

I’ve done WILDs before. I think there are a bunch of us dudes around here who have done them, it’s not impossible, you’ll get there! :content:
One thing, when you do wake back to bed make sure you haven’t slept too much. Also if you tend to shut off your alarm make sure you put it far enough away where it is still loud enough to wake you up but you can’t actually reach it. It works, I used to have to do it so I would actually get out of bed for school because I have to get up to turn the alarm off and once I’m up I’m less likely to get back in bed and play hooky.
I have a little baby blanket that I put over my eyes in the daytime that keeps the light out. I also use earplugs because my family is LOUD.