Cool Quote

I found this quote the other day, and I think it explains a lot. I hope you like it.

“Most people prefer to believe their leaders are just and fair even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which they live is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of a corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one’s self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all.”
– Michael Rivero

That makes a lot of sense. But I think the majority of people are blindly following propaganda rather than making excuses to ignore the problems.

Hey Mike_dpw, talking about Unit three thousand twenty one heh?
In case you are: give my regards to Yoshimi…

The reason I love this quote is because I couldn’t figure out how a person with even a average IQ could be duped by the obvious lies being distributed by my goverment. This explains it for me. most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all."
The reason I believe this is because I can recognize that same inclination in myself, the reluctance to face the fact that my goverment is corrupt and all the implications that go with that. It would be so much easier to just accept the bullsh*t and go on with a blind eye, but that is not the person I would want to be. Not only would I be letting myself, my children and my heroes down, but also the all the current people dying for my goverment’s thirst for power.
There is soon coming a time (I hope) when each person here will have to make a choice on where they stand, I just hope I have the courage to make the right one.

Btw, don’t you think that blindly following propaganda and making excuses to ignore the problems could be considered directly related?

Thats a nice quote FireHorse :smile:

Would u mind posting it in the Lucid Lounge forum? The topic if named: “Favorite Quote(s)? Part2” ^_^. I hope u can find it :confused: But thankx :smile: