I have a problem...

Yeah, see, the problem is this;

I have been training my Dream Recall for a month or two now, with gret results, at least 2 dreams per night, at the most 6 dreams…but the problem is that I don´t -dream- the dreams…I only remember them after I wake up…

Example;

I go to bed, do some half-hearted MILD, since I´m gonna do WBTB (which btw is THE method for me)…I wake up a little before the alarm starts beeping, and I remember 3 dreams on average (if I time it correctly), but I have no recollection of actually -experiencing- them…I go back to sleep, get no LD, and wake up some hours later, again, with only the recollection of the dream, but not having experienced them…
anyone else have this problem, or any suggestions? :neutral:

Hey, that’s what Dream Recall is for. Recognising your dreams! Be patient, the more and more you do dream recall the more likely you are to recognise a dream next time you have one.

For some people it takes less than a week, for others (namely me) it takes 2 (often more) months for your first lucid dream.

Put bluntly, keep going with your dream recall, and dont give up! You’re on the way to having a LD any time now :wink:

No, you misunderstood me;

I have no possibility to ever recognise dreams, cuz’ I only find out about them after I have them…damn, this is hard to explain…
another examle. I guess;

I go to sleep…feel consiousness slowly fading…then suddenly I wake up.
Then I remember the dreams I´ve had…it´s like…I dont -see- the dreams when they occur, only hear about them afterwards…

Thanks for the encouragement though :wink:

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had the same experience so I’m pretty sure I know what causes it. It appears you aren’t recalling waking up after your REM cycle. The main thing (for me at least) that makes dreams seem like actual events is that they occur and I wake up right after. When you wake up after each REM cycle and remember each dream you feel as if you took part in the dream whether it was from the 1st person perspective or the 3rd. It sounds to me that you are sleeping a 5-8 hour block then attempting to recall your dreams. For me it is difficult to do that because of what you said… it doesn’t seem like you dreamed it. Your recall is delayed since you are attempting to remember something that seemed to happen years ago. It is very similar to being shit-faced drunk, often times you forget everything you did the next day but bits and pieces remain. But you only truly remember what you directly sober up from. In this case instead of sobering up you are waking up. I hope you understand.

I think since you seem rather new to LDing you should try this to take care of the problem. Realize that after each dream NO MATTER WHAT YOUR BODY WAKES UP. You just fall back to sleep so fast most of the time that you dont remember it. Tell yourself this over and over in your head so that you remember to stay awake after the breif consciousness that follows each dream. Then note the dream in your head so that you can recall them when you wake up or save them later until the morning. Not only will this give you a better “experience” but it should also increase the amount of dreams you recall. I don’t remember the amount of dreams you have each night but its some big number above 8 I think.

Yeah,i know what its all about too.I have them same way-i just know i dreamt after i wake up.I guess its very common.
But like previous posters said-recognizing u ARE in a dream takes time.It usually happens outta nowhere,something clicks and u realize you`re in a dream now.
So dont worry that you have no chances “while it happens” cuz it changes in time:)
good luck:)