daytime dreams more vivid?

Is that just in me? or everyone else… it seems like when i take a nap during the day my dreams are longer and more vivid… and also all three lucid dreams i have had are during the day, not at night.

any info?

It is the exact same with Stephen LaBerge and I!! It’s because you’re already rested and get more REM, plus you’re more awake!

I hope this thread hasn’t ever been answered before…

Yeah, same thing with me. Sometimes when i get home from a long school day, where i’ve made homework the night before, i take a nap. Even if it’s only 1-2 hours i can almost always remember a couple of very vivid dreams.

I have to be very tired to sleep in the day though.

In the 1.5 years of LDing I’ve NEVER succeeded in afternoon napping. And I’ve tried A LOT!! Even if I’m very tired this doesn’t work… :cry: I’ve no idea why this is… But I think LaBerge indeed mentioned this in EWLDor Lucid Dreaming

I can’t nap! If I nap, I sleep for hours, then can’t sleep at night. Even so, If I try and nap I really can’t get to sleep at first.

Hehe…i can nap and nap:)And yes,most of my lds took place then.
Dont know wheter its good or not,guess its just personal thing.I dont take naps too often cuz i have tis comfort to sleep as much as i want at night so only if i feel in sleep debt i go for an afternoon rest.Maybe thats the reason?
good luck
ps.I usually have 1,5 hrs long ones-found its quite good time for REM to hit and proper recall.

I never have time for nap :sad: But when I did, I started getting HI and it was pretty cool. I’m always occupied with homework or horse back riding or something…

/ds

I take nap sometimes time to time, but it can totally mess my sleep schedule up because first of all… when I nap… I usually am out for 3 hours or more (don’t ask me why or how :confused: ).

Also when I take nap, my breaking-record WILD with intense LD’s scare me out sometimes. :tongue: I sleep very deep even though if it’s a naptime or not. So, therefore when it’s time for me to go bed for real, I can’t because I am too awake from my nap.

I started to replace my naptime with meditating, it works for me. It helps me to recover enough for the day then go to bed for real. It’s much better than messing up my sleep schedule.

Indeed, it is much more vivid and eerie if you take a nap.

My napping dreams are more realistic as well. This makes perfect sense because you are usually more conscious while going to sleep during a day time nap than during going to sleep at night, most of the time atleast. Since your mind is more refreshed and you have already slept so much you are going to have more rem and more vivid dreams most of the time.
I also noticed that when I went to sleep with my light on one night my dreams were more realistic. The affect light has on your brain itself could cause more realistic dreams.

I never seemed to remember a daytime dream, its usually a blank for me. But then again I’m still still new to all this dreaming stuff.

i decided to take a nap this afternoon after reading a bunch of stuff on here about daytime napping. i slept for about an hour and a half, and didn’t remember any dreams :cry:

i also spent the first 30 minutes trying to focus on the vibrations in order to start a dream lucid, but also no success

could it do with rem rebound? and also due to the brains awareness being higer due to be awake , maybe not sure i have a book that talks bout that, so i will look round 4 it tonight

Richard

well i dont like taking daytime naps… it throws off my sleep schedule, and not only that it just seems like cheating almost… i dont know why but it just feels as if it’s lame almost… you gotta learn to do it at night, i think it would be more fufilling and probably have better results

When I nap, I cant remember any dreams and feel crappier than when I wake up after sleeping normally. NO LDS THERE :sad:

Unfortunately, I don’t have much time to nap. When I do the results are good with FAs and usually a lucid dream.

I never have much problem with a messed up sleep schedule - I seem to be able to sleep wherever and whenever I lay my head. :sleep:

I’m the same. I don’t take many naps as it means I don’t feel tired later on when I should be going to bed. Nearly all my Lucid dreams have happened in the late morning. I went to bed one night around 2am telling myself to have a lucid dream. I woke up at 11am, fell back to sleep and then finally had one.

Most of my LD’s happen during the day, when I nap. It’s verry rare for me to LD at night, though it does happen.

btw whispa, I LOVE your name! my kitty’s name is whisper! : )

i tend to do well during napping in the day. Infact, that is when i had my first lucid dream in wich i was interested in dreams. Although there are many times when i wake up and dont remember a thing. Perhaps some of us dont dream during naps because you didnt nap for long enough… But i doubt it.