Low lucidity and dream characters

Hi everybody! I’ve been trying to have lucid dreams for roughly five weeks. (Please excuse this long-ish explaination. I do have a point.)

I’ve had two very low level lds (I think). (I knew I was dreaming, but I only remembered the “don’ts” of lding.) In the first occassion, I had been trying to WILD for a while, and had eventually given up and rolled over to fall asleep (I was tired). I fell asleep, and was in the middle of a dream. Then I had a brief false awakening (I opened my dream eyes and saw myself lying on the bed, in a first-person view, but with different shorts on). However, my eyes seemed heavy, since I was tired, and I fell back “asleep,” directly back into the dream the I had been having.
I knew I was dreaming, but still feared that this guy would hurt me (so I crawled under the dream bed, for some reason), because he was raving. Because I knew I was dreaming, I yelled “cure 10!” because I was thinking of final fantasy spells. (That did work to heal him.) In any case, the scene later shifted, and I was talking to my dad. There were two of him. One was sitting next to his computer, while the other was leaning against the wall (out of dad #1’s sight) and reading a newspaper.
I was just laughing, because I knew it was so obviously a dream. I told dad that there were two of him, knowing that he wouldn’t believe me, and pointed at the dad #2. When dad #1 moved so that he could see #2, #2 had conveniently turned into a painting. However, I looked out the window, across the hall to a room with many computers, and every person within was another copy of dad.

In the second semi-lucid dream, I dreamed that I went to bed with the intention of becoming lucid (fish had already been swimming around my bed at that point… I really can’t take a hint).
However, it worked, and I knew it was a dream, so I walked around my changed surroundings. (It was an ampatheater that held everyone from my school. I saw one of my friends, who was acting very happy and hyper, as usual and said hi. I walked a few seats away, and saw another copy of her, except that this friend was acting as if she were depressed. Taking pity on her, I led her over to talk to her happy self. I left them when they started talking to each other.

So… has this happened to anyone else? Multiple copies of people that you know? And would either of those really be considered ld’s - low level ones? (I would like to have dreams with more consciousness and control… if someone could offer any suggestions.) The copied people seemed a little odd at the time… does anyone else think so?

Alright, I know that this is a double post, and I’m sorry about that. IT WOULDN’T BE A DOUBLE POST IF ANYONE RESPONDED TO THE POST ABOVE AT ALL!!! NO ONE DID!!! Grrrrr!!! I thought that someone might. It would have been nice, and I thought that somebody would have responded. (You see, I haven’t been able to access this site for 5 days, because our power was knocked out for 5 days. It was awful, really awful.)
In any case, I can’t believe that no one has anything to say about what I said. Please? Somebody?

I never saw this post before or else I would have responded. It sounds to me like you got lucid at least at a low level since you were aware of what was happening enough to laugh at it. So good job you are on your way to full lucid dreams. :smile:
The multiple copies thing has never happened to me but it sounds really cool. I was actually trying to dream something like that last night but I forgot once I realized I was dreaming.

I don’t recall ever seeing multiple copies of a dream character, although I have had a few that I simply couldn’t get away from (they kept appearing everywhere I ran to). You said you knew you were dreaming in the first example, so it does sound like you were at least partially lucid. Again in the second dream you mentioned that you were aware of what was happening, so it sounds like an LD to me.

There are quite a few levels of lucidity though, and it’s also possible you lost control at some point and the dream continued as if it was just a normal dream. Next time you find yourself aware that you’re dreaming, take it slowly and do a few simple exercises to enhance the lucidity. Examine your hands (or a nearby object), look at things in the distance, use commands like “Increase lucidity!” and try touching things to see how they feel. These activities are designed to make you focus more on the dream world, and ultimately heighten your lucidity and prolong the dream.

Congrats on your first couple, and good luck. :smile:

Thank you both. :smile:
I just wasn’t sure if this was something that happened to people in lucid dreams a lot, since it was both of the semi-lucid times. I’m trying to remember to say “increase lucidity” or do some math, or something like that, but I haven’t gotten semi-lucid at all, lately… though the fact that I couldn’t use my alarm clock at all to wake me up might have had some effect.
In my first dream, I know that I lost all lucidity, because I found nothing at all strange about two disco-ing robots stealing my moms car out from under our noses. However, I did know that the farmer wasn’t real, because he looked flat and metalic-like, like a maniquin.
And, for both of these I only knew that I was in a dream because I dreamed that I was in bed and trying to ld.