Cartoons(New Thread)

This once was a topic that i tried to start before the terror of:Site was down,- 2 weeks of posts lost :sad:
But im sure everyone has grown pass this bad time of forum history :sad: . The point though was talking about is your favorite cartoons, and when i mean favorite i mean what cartoon you can watch all the time without getting tired or sick of it. I want to know what you think is the most under-rated cartoon, and you thought was good, but for some reason its never on tv, or you can never find it for some reason. The last, i want to know what you think is the best all around cartoon, when i say all around, that means it doesnt have to be your favorite, but its the best thing ever produced in cartoon history(just based off your opinion :content:
Now think hard, and feel free to shed any ideas :cool:

The cartoon I could watch again and again is Roadrunner. When I felt down it could always make me laugh…even though you can always guess what will happen next. It was funny the time coyote actually caught him but couldn’t do anything because Roadrunner was giantic!
Garfield has always got a dry sense if humour.
Futurama was really good but got discontinued! Which was a bit annoying.
The Simpsons…some are brilliant but some are disappointing.
:cool_laugh:

I LOOOOOOOOOVE this show, roadrunner! It cracks me up!

Too bad we don’t have that on our show anymore. :crying:

Simspon is funny too, but sometimes disappointing because it sets a bad example sometimes (no offenses anyone).

Oh well. :wink: Let’s bring roadrunner back to alive! :biggrin:

cartman cracked me up at times… hehe

Some cartoons I like that I can think of right now:
Rainbow Brite
Carebears
Ninja Turtles
Beatlejuice
Beavis and Butthead (I have all the dvds)
Southpark
Dr. Katz
The Critic
Courage the cowardly dog (he’s so cute!)
probably a bunch of other ones I forgot about…

Simpsons, all anime except those badly drawn/rendered(those count as cartoons, right?) And I used to like Ninja Turtles. Wait, wait, there’s Jackie Chan Adventures in the U.S.! God that is funny!!

South Park isn’t that good for me, and Roadrunner really really annoys me. For some reason I used vouch for the Coyote(wait… that how you spell it?) for some reason. Don’t ask why, but I also preferred Sylvester over Tweety.

I don’t have Cartoon Network so it’s hard for me to enjoy any cartoons besides the Simpsons anymore. Actually I wouldn’t watch any cartoons at all because of time constraints but watching while eating dinner is not considered wasting time!

Wow Aydira, i just had a flashback, Ninja Turtles and Beetle juice, i used to watch those cartoons religiously. I never knew it was still on the air, any of the cartoons that you mentioned, i havet seen them on tv, like up to ten years or less. That’s good, you have to encourage all those all old cartoons, you’d be surprise what you remember. Anime is a consider, a cartoon, i accept:), i was just waiting for someone to mention the Animatrix. IA thought though, isnt anime record on camera first, then painted over the film? I just wanted to clear that fact if anyone knew.

Ok its time for my favorite:
The cartoon that i think is under-rated is Todd Mcfarlen’s Spawn, this cartoon was HBO for about 3 seasons, they cut the series once it started to get real good.

The all-around best cartoon is The Simpsons, the reason why i think this cartoon is the best. This cartoon has been on the air for a long time, so long i dont even know how long, not only that, but this cartoon always make you laugh, its so good, you can rate each episode off each other, just b/c your so used to laughing, it get upset if the newer episode didnt succeed. I never watch a cartoon that had this, not only that, but where do they keep coming up with all these new ideas?

My favorite cartoon that i can watch over and over again if i was sentenced the solitary confinement for the rest of my life, i want to be watching all the cartoons made from Stan Lee from Spiderman to X-Men. I love anything that marvel produces, i’m a marvel freak. And if i couldnt get that i wouldnt mind watching Rocko’s Modern life :content:

Who lives in a pine apple under the sea?

this is my all time favorite cartoon. Too bad i miss too many episodes since it is on so late. (i don’t like the dutch synchronized version)

used to like ren & stimpy but find it now too stupid.

my all time favorite cartoon episode is from tom & jerry, when a baby elephant falls off a train and jerry disguises him as a mouse and tom gets the scare of his life. Especially the end where the mother of the baby elephant also shows up as a big mouse, so hilarious, i also liked the music and sound effects of that one…
I was so happy when cartoon network did a tom & jerry marathon, i was sure they would show that one too - and yeah they did, boy was i happy :cool_laugh:

That’s rotoscoping, like the technique used to make Waking Life. Anime is inked on celluloid. Here’s the way the process works: A person called a “key animator” draws the key frame(s) for each scene. These tend to be the most important frames, where the most action is. Then, a person called an inbetweener will draw in all the frames between the key frames. Also, all the backrounds are done seperately by a backround artist. With the advent of computer technology, the inbetweener is becoming less and less necessary. There are complex computer programs that look at each pixel in a key frame and compare it to the pixels in the next one. Then, it designs a complex sequence of frames that tie the two together. Even so, the inbetweener is still needed in some cases, as the computer cannot handle everything. Anime is very labor-intensive work.

As far as my preferences for cartoons go, I like the Simpsons a whole lot. Courage the Cowardly Dog is a favorite too. I love the plotlines; they have a lot of creativity that you don’t normally see in a cartoon like that. As you can probably tell, I like anime a lot too. I own a number of Hayao Miyazaki’s films on DVD. If you don’t know who he is, he’s the legendary anime director who is responsible for Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and My Neighbor Totoro, among others. Some of his less-known films are very good as well; Castle in the Sky/Laputa is a favorite of mine. I recently saw Ghost in the Shell, and enjoyed it very much. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in AI or sci-fi.

I guess that’s about it. :content:

I liked Kiki’s Delivery Service but only because the cat looked like my cat and I sat in front of the tv going “awwwww” for like an hour. I don’t remember the actual movie though. :uh: :shrug:
I like some animes though.
Hubbs I don’t know if those shows are still on that I mentioned but those are theones that I like anyway. I hope they are on somewhere though. That would be cool. I liked Beatlejuice because it was so macabre and kind of dark compared to most stuff I saw back then. I don’t think i ever got into the movie but I was obsessed with the cartoon. I had to be home at 4pm everyday to watch it. I’ll probably end up subconsciously marrying some guy who reminds me of Beatlejuice from the cartoon. :bored:

So mainly its made by computers,or are the deatail shots drawn?Pretty intresting :wink:

Good choice of cartoons Pasquale, i never seen Sponge Bob before, but i love Tom and Jerry :content: .

hubbs, if you ever have a change to see a spongebob episode… it will crack you up! It is so hilarious!

I also thought of another one, since they started showing it here again and i dropped into an episode and went “YAY!”

that’s futurama :smile:

i also kind of agree with the simpsons, but they only show reruns of reruns here so i have enough of it… but if they ever have new episodes :smile:

also southpark - strange, it used to leave me helpless on the floor of laughing, but somehow my humor has changed? I watched southpark the movie and i found it boring :neutral:

pasQuale, the spongebob episode my daughter saw a few nights ago, he had a dream and went into his friends’ dreams. If you haven’t seen this one yet, you are in for a treat!

If we are including animations in this, I find the Wallace and Gromit ones really funny, Creature Comforts and the original Morph!

I rememeber them, that cartoon influenced that chicken movie.I never saw it though. Did anyone ever watch The Tick? That was a great cartoon. :content:

The Chicken Run ! :happy:
Talking of movies/video cartoons I loved “The Nightmare Before Christmas” . I enjoyed the music and the dark storyline. The presents that Jack gave out for christmas presents were gross…uck! :cool_laugh:

The Classic “The Flintstones” is good too; I like the way they have pre-historic versions of modern day inventions. Fred’s car moves by their feet running along the road! :wiske:

I saw a repeat of a Simpsons episode this week.
“Make Room For Lisa”
In this episode Homer and Lisa go into floatation tanks. She tries to meditate and clear her thoughts. Then she visualises a bacon bun. :grin:
Afterwards she dreams that she is Homer.
It was funny the first time I saw it…but I found it funnier now that I am visiting this forum. :wiske:

Yeah the dream one is my fav Spongebob episode. Bob is funny but advertised too much here. Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy. Family Guy is one of the few shows that make me laugh out loud (literally) along with a few others. My favorite part was when Peter was remembering an old Bio teacher. He was disecting a clown :cool_laugh: and suddenly he stopped and looked worried “Oh my god… His lungs are filled with… CANDY!!!” he rips open his lungs and throws the candy in the air and all the children jump up and “Yay!!”. It was just so fast and unexpected.

OH! Jackie Chan Adventures kick so much ass!!! Hilarious and an interesting plot!

Clerks! Only aired three episodes, and only six were made, but that was the best cartoon ever!

Was that the one that had Jay and Silent Bob in it? I only saw one, but I remember thinking it was great.

Yep, it was a Kevin Smith creation. Unfortunately, ABC hated it and cancelled it after three episodes aired. I guess that’s just life. Hey, maybe I can lucid dream a few episodes and send ABC the script!