A few tips on realizing LD state of being.

I’m proud to say that I have been born with the indeed special talent to LD. I’ve been able to do so for as long as I can remember. As a matter of fact, I didn’t really think it was so special. I thought every one could do so. Imagine my suprise when I found out how much of a rare and much sought after treaure it was. That’s when I found this wonderful site. And in doing I have found a drive compelling me to help others acheive this state lucidity which I already have.
I have a few unarthadox ways of realizing I’m in an LD the first one should help, but the latter may not work for everyone, as you’ll see latter on, here are but some: One; I love the siver cross ring my girlfriend gave me. So much that I only dare to wear such a beatiful thing when we are around one another and when I go to bed( weird huh?) How can this little lover’s tale help you you ask? Like this; after I got the ring, I noticed something. I only wore it really once a day, when I was asleep. So, if was to be in a dream and see myself wearing the ring, I would realize, “Hey it’s that ring Jen gave me. Ah wow cool. Hey wait a sec. I only wear this before I go to bed right? Hey I must be dreaming then!” And this logic works. Whenever I see myslef with the ring on I know I’m dreaming. This helps a great deal in maintaining lucidity in a dreamscape. You may want to try and do sonmething similar, such as a ring, necklace, braclet, or some other ornament.
Here’s my secomd tip: Sad to say I am what’s known as a “cutter”. As the name implies I cut on myself. Yes, I actually take razors to my wrists. Don’t worry I know where all the arteries are; I only strike veins. Anyway, for some weird reason when I dream the fleshy pink scars on my arms are not there. So if I ever chance to look down at my arms and see no scars I immediately know I am in a dream. This is VERY :cool: helpful to me. Now hold on, I’m not saying all of you go out there and start slicing up your wrists. Remember earlier I said this might not work for all of you? Well now you know why. But, those of you who DO have scars( self-inflicted or not) try my strategy with them. Scar on your knee? Check it in a dream. You’ll be surprised.
Hope any of you guys find this useful I killed my wrist writing :grin: this :grin:

Hi
Yes,thank you,the idea with the ring is really cool.Unfortunately i have nothing that is so valuable to me,but perhaps it could work with something else also,if i concentrate on it
I know this is none of my buisness,but anyway:Ever tried to cut in a dream instead of doing this IRL ? Perhaps your dream could even tell you something…
Just a thought
As soon as i find something that i can use instead of the ring i will try it,and give you some feedback :smile:

Just thought about it a bit.This really reminds me of the book “Wheel of time”.There is a girl who is going to be kind of magician.She has a ring with wich she can do lucid dreaming and shared dreaming every time she gets to sleep while the ring is on her finger…
Unfortunately lucid dreaming isn´t the main theme of the book,but i am sure the author has some experiences :wink:

Traumgänger

This is interesting:)
But…
I have read about many peopl who became lucid by something kinda opposite.Like noticing their wedding ring which they wear all the time is gone(in dream)…same about other pieces of jewelerry.
So…i guess its the matter of…how was it called?brain association?
Just realizing what u dream about most and letting your mind know"next time i see my hands(mirror,bus,mum,grandpa…)ill know im dreaming.
This is used in reality tests-dream signs-journal, circle.
It can work both ways- if your dream signs are out of this world(i.e you dream about dragons a lot) then you keep on repeating “next time i see a dragon im dreaming”
If your dreams are happening mostly in well known enviroment it also has an advantage of doing reality checks everytime the sign is approached(i.e riding the bus)
I remember seeing this topic in one of the old forums(doubt its still in archives)-if any of old timers could respond about brain association(grrr not sure if it was called this way) that would be good:)

Ah, I am glad I inspired you try something similar to my silver cross ring. Hope it all works out for you traumgänger. And I appreciate your concern for my naughty habit, really I do :wink: But alas, for I have long since tried what you advised. Actually, I can cut as bad as I want, because nearly 80% of the time when I dream ( LD or not) I am my personel furry, “Zaerus”. “What the hell is that?” you say? Click on this link: www.geocities.com/demi_chi_zaerus/Zaerus_Lair.html to see what I look like, it might help.
When I’m human I still cut myself lke crazy, just no dismemberment and I always heal anyway. So it doesn’t help but thanks for trying. And as for Jack’s reply, let me say I’m rather humbled that you took the time to reply to my post. I felt apart of something when I found it was you who replied second. Hey, I’m not afraid to express my feelings so don’t think I Mr.Sensitve :roll: . I asure you both of my tips were my own thinking. I would never copy and claim someone else’s work without their permission, and even then I don’t like to do it. But I do see your point. Hey, you didn’t mention if you had tried any of these techniques or plan to. I’m a curious fellow so lemme know k? And to anyone else who reads this keep an open mind. :cool:

He wasn’t saying that you copied anyone.

I don’t get the part with the ring, how can it help what you are wearing when you go to sleep? If it were that easy you’d just go “I’m wearing PJs I must be dreaming.”

Glad to see someone else who’s been LDing for as long as he can remember though.

thats really cool… ill have to try that…

hmm… i wonder what would happen if i cut myslef in a dream… ill have to try that.

any particular reason you cut yourself? ive known people to do it for many reasons… i do it for the endorphins… and i like to see the blood flow… (im an odd little boy…)

Zaerus:)Yep i didnt mean you copied something…just pointed out similar way through that brain association:)Ive read about opposite trigger,and thats why i mentioned that.
Sorry if i sounded that way:(
But i didnt quite understand :“And as for Jack’s reply, let me say I’m rather humbled that you took the time to reply to my post. I felt apart of something when I found it was you who replied second.”
Why?:)im not sure how to understand that.
And yes,i tried those on the beginning…i used your post just to remind some beginners who might be reading this how effectively put RCs and dream diary in one working combo:)

And i think Ureon`s post brings up something to think of- which way would that be actuallly better- wear something before bed or take it off.I guess its up to persons habit:)

You said you don’t get how wearing a ring helps. That you could just wear pajamas and use that. Well, how often in a dream are you wearing what you wore to bed? I thought so. Yet certain things remain constant in your self projection OF yourself. Such as your distinguishing features; facial features, hair, eyes, body build, the things that make YOU, well, YOU. Now tell me Ureon, would you sentimental over pajamas? (if you do I’ll pray for yo so don’t worry) Most answer no, but a ring from the one you love IS cause to get teary eyed. Such an important thing IS constant in a dream. If I only wear my ring before I go to bed I know I’m alseep and dreaming. I have not once dreampt and find myself not wearing the cross ring, so it’s a constant. Now do you understand? If you don’t tell me and I’ll try to break it down for you more in my next entry :content:

Jack, what I meant was that you have much more posts than me, and another star than I have. I also read the posts and see you are quite a thinker, even though I see myself as being on a high lucidity plane, all are equal. It’s just that you seem a veteran here and just a novice. Sorry for the confusion. Hey go check out my other posts, they have interesting topics too, especially the Sun one, I could really use some help there. :cool:

Hehe ok:)Didnt know someone actually watches those stars and posts…and thank you for kind words:)
“Thinker” is actually good word…i think its thx to the fact im stoner too:)

Ps.yep ive read other posts…cant relate tho:(

Don’t worry about not being able to relate to me. The fact you care is support enough. Good luck on your quest. I have moved on to the next step, plain and simple enjoyment of MadWorld and the ladies. I only have a few problems now. Say, I take it by your avatar you like …sex right? :cool: Well I do hentai you know…today I’ll put it on my site and you can…er…check it out :gni:

Hi
Well,if i got it right,Zaerus uses both ways at once:
He has a chance to notice that something is there that normally shouldn´t (his ring) and another chance to notice something is absent that should be there (his scars)

I thought of the second way already (i wear glasses,but in my dreams they are normally not there).But unfortunately,as soon as i look for my glasses in my dream they are suddenly there…
So,i think it migh work better for me to do it the other way round.I fear this method will take a really long time to work,though (a few weeks,months,a year…?).But as soon as i start to project the object in my dreamworld this could be a really awesome technique

Traumgänger

Ah so I see I’m helping someone, execllent. Good luck on the whole sunglasses thing, it helps if you wear the same pair all the time and if the glasses have special meaning to you. But it’s impractical if you night dream, i.e. dream it’s night all the time in your dreamscape. But don’t give up. Keep it up :nerd_face:

Hi
Sorry,perhaps my post wasn´t so clear :shy:
I always wear glasses (have to),but that didn´t work for lucid dreaming.So now i will stop trying to use my glasses for lucidity,cause i tricked myself with this.
But you helped me anyway,cause as i said i will search for some kind of ring or something that i will wear only at night,like you do

Traumgänger

Hey don’t worry about :wink: Hmmmm. Soe desu on the glasses issue. Remember though, what ever you find make sure it has sentimental value. It’s important you feel conected to the dream idea at hand. A closer relation with the idea to RL helps distinguish reality from sub-concious dreaming. Let’s see… how about trying to sleep in a certain postistion in a pattern? Like one position one day,another the next, then another the next, then repeat the pattern . This may help to break up the routine of average dreaming. If I don’t iniciate lucidity in a dream( which I don’t as much any more despite I’m so good at it) I find my posture I use before sleep has a sub-slime effect on the type of dream I have. Hope I’m helping :wink:

Hey don’t you patronize me :wink:… Just kidding…

What I meant was that if you dream that you are talking a walk for example then why would your ring be there if you know that you only wear it when going to bed?

If you constantly ‘wish’ for the ring to be there that might explain it. You don’t have to break it down for me I understand. I mean, I have an IQ over 50 so it should work right?

I wear the ring in a dream because it’s a sub-concious desire. IRL I know not to wear it. In a dream I SubC puts it on. Get it?

Zaerus it could be that I’m too old but your website makes as much sense 2 me as a smack round the head with a bag o monkeys! :eh:

:wink:

Well you seem to have consistancy: Your ring is always there in a dream, but your scars are not there… I think this will differ greatly from one person to the other… I have a scar, but I’m pretty sure it might be in the dream too… or it might not be in SOME dreams, but present in others.

Aside from that, I think the scar check is a very good reality check :smile: and I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.

Want to know if my babling is helping. Just curious :wink: