Lucid progression

I had my fourth lucid dream last night (YES!!!). It was the strongest that I have had by far but was still not as strong as some of the stories that I have heard people talking about.

My first three were short and I kept slipping out of them. I also would respond to the dream as though I was still non-lucid. They were sharper than regular dreams but there wasn’t any increase of sensation. I aslo, didn’t have much control over the rest of the dream… just myself.

Last night, however, I felt things, I conjured and tasted an apple and it was lightly sweet. I didn’t seem to have much slipping in and out of it (excet the moment that I almost woke up in the middle of it… I was able to go right back into the dream). I flew well and I talked to one of the people in my dream and recall most of the conversation (until I woke up).

So the thing is this, there seems to have been a progression here. My first was quite short, third was short but much more sharp, and last nights LD was much stronger. So are most of you that are having LDs seeing a progression in their strength or have you just sort of become fully lucid since your first LD? I was just wondering other peoples experience with this.

I’d like to tack on a rider to the above question if I may… Over the past week or so, my dream recall has skyrocketed from pretty close to naff all to recalling, in detail, two or three dreams a night. The reasons that I attribute to this sudden acceleration are the use of B Complex Vitamin supplements and the cessation of Marijuana usage. In the past four days, I have found my dreams beginning to flirt increasingly with the ‘notion’ of lucidity. That is to say that I have been experiencing small pockets of conscious behavior within dreams that remain fundamentally out of my control. I wouldn’t say that I have had a lucid dream yet, but there is a distinct momentum developing in there somewhere.

My question then is similar (if not as advanced) to the one posed above… Has anyone else experienced this sort of increasing crescendo prior to their first lucid jaunt?

Well, yes my Lucidity is gradually getting better and i am able to control anything i want, except i don’t have many senses-really only sight.

Also my dream recall is better around the days that i have an LD.

Also sometimes i am also noticing that i am also daydreaming a bit more. Sort of slipping out of consciousness while awake rather than into consciousness while asleep. I don’t know if this is affecting me as i don’t have too many LD’s anyway.

When you notice yourself daydreaming, it’s probably a good time for a reality check… Just to get in the habit, since they’re obviously related to normal dreams…

As for the main question with the progression idea, I think that’s partly the case, getting better as you go… But expect it to fluctuate a bit. A lot actually. I’ve had some nice long lucid dreams, but I get loads of short ones. Most of my lucid dreams are relatively clear, but I’ve also had some that seemed absolutely flawless and some that were coming apart at the seams the whole way. For me, quality and duration and control vary greatly from dream to dream.

I think there’s a big bump with the first couple lucid dreams, because many people have to spend a few lucid dreams learning to restrain their excitement, and just getting used to the place. After that though, I think the natural progression slows down and it becomes more of an exercise in learning different techniques to improve and elongate our dreams.

As for Shanx’s question, I didn’t notice any increase in dream recall prior to my first lucid dream. But I didn’t really try to remember my dreams before that either, so it’s hard to say.