Was This A Lucid Dream?

Hey I just stumbled across this site, and now am really interested in lucid dreaming- partially cos I think I can do it.

Just one thing though, the only time I remember being fully aware I was in a dream was when I was like 9. I knew I was dreaming, and wanted to wake up cos i thought I would be late for school. Is this lucid dreaming?

Ive read the main site and didnt understand exactly what it was.

The other thing is- do drugs help? After taking, or perhaps on the comedown?

Lastly, is there any types of music you should listen to before falling asleep that may help?

Hey Winterborn. Welcome to the forum!! :partying_face: I hope you’ll enjoy your stay :happy:

If you really knew the meaning of “I’m dreaming” back in that dream, I’d say this was indeed a LD. :wink:

There are some dream herbs (Calea Zacatechichi, Salvia Divinorum,…) which suppose to help, but other people can answer this better.
There’s a whole section about these issues on this forum: “Shortcuts to Lucidity”. You’ll definitely find there information about the effects of some drugs on dreams.

Hm you could try listening to relaxing sounds or meditating music. Other styles are New Age (Enigma is excellent), ambient, psychedelic chill-out (here you can find some truly deep relaxing soundscapes),… It depends ofcourse on your personal preferences.

Good luck!! :happy: