The Quest for Non-Lucidity

It’s my belief that in certain situations, it is best to be non-lucid. Sometimes, you may want to discover something about your unconscious mind based upon your actions in a dream. For example…say you’re LDing, and you find yourself presented with an antagonistic figure in your life. You are trying to discover your true feelings about this person. If you know you’re in a dream, this may be tricky. When faced with this kind of situation, I tend to whip some nunchucks or something out of my pockets and beat down on the person, relieving my aggravation. Just because it’s so tempting, since I know I’m only dreaming. However, I haven’t figured out how I really feel about this person. This purpose, I think, would be better served if I could just dream normally and observe upon waking how I acted in the dream.

In other situations, I just don’t want to have an LD. I want to relax and let the dream carry me away, and see what’s happening, with no way to distinguish the dream world from waking reality.

So…any suggestions for how to break lucidity if you accidently become lucid without wanting to… or for if you want to lose lucidity for some reason during a dream. I suppose it’s kind of a crazy question…

Hi Inherent()Disarray welcome!

Well its sure is an original question, thats 4 sure!
Hehe 10 points for you there!

Mm you could try to let your attention totally go with the dream and not using your ld powers at all. :cool_laugh:

Jeff

From my perspective, lucidity is a rare occurance in dreams that should be treasured. I don’t see any reason to just throw it away and go back to standard dreaming. If you become lucid, next time try to keep those numchucks in your pocket :wink: . Ask the person a very complicated question instead while you are lucid and you may have a suprising answer. I haven’t really had much conflict with people the few times I was lucid though. I guess I was satisfied with being alone in my own interchangable environment. Next LD(God knows when that will be for me :cry: ) I will try to work on social interaction and see what I can discover.

I find talking to DCs, wandering around, and generally EVERYTHING I do takes me out of lucidity. But talking to DCs (some random subject not related to dreams at all) and acting as if the dream were real (if you’re in school you do the work and stuff…) is the best anti-lucid I’ve got.

Inherent()Disarray,

I’m glad to hear that you also have this perspective. I, too, just go with the flow in my dream sometimes even though I’m lucid or not. I often find myself evolving very fast if I go with the flow especially in my dreams.

Also, other thing is, I believe that you won’t become lucid if your subconscious has to show you something that need to be from pure you or that you need to see it in other way rather than your conscious. If that happens that you become lucid and you feel that it’s something you need to go with the flow… then so be it. Trust yourself. :smile:

To everyone:
Yes, I do understand that becoming lucidity is a gift that some of you want to take an advantage of, but I highly recommend you to try it one night to just let it go and go with the flow (you still can be lucid).

Lucid or not i believe that if your subcounciousness have something to tell you it will.You are never in total control,even in your highest level lds.I wouldnt worry about that as your mind will allways find a way to tell you what it wants.
And being lucid at the time is an advantage- you are usually more aware,you remember that better.
Ill give you funny example for that.
Like a beaver is a symbol of emotionall barriers(as it builds those wooden walls everywhere).Lets say you`re having lucid dream where you riding a bus or find yourself in ANY situation.I believe that if your subcounciousnes was about to give you any hints it will pop up the beaver somwhere on your way-outside the window,or even the bus driver can become a beaver:)
I guess it explains what i was about to say:)

Well Jack if your subconsciousness wants to message you it will do it anyway in your not lucid dream part! :happy:

So whats the use of forgetting that your lucid…

Jeff