"Dreams" that contain only pure thought.

What I have noticed is that some nights, I am thinking about something (pre penguin!) and when I wake up I am still thinking about the same thing with memories of thinking about it while sleeping. Could this be happening in NREM sleep because I haven’t noticed any mention of it yet on any ld4all threads? So I end up not knowing if any particular thought is from waking time or sleeping time. I have no idea of the crossover from being awake to falling asleep…it just appears to be continuous. :sleeping:

Yes moogle, it sounds like thoughts during nREM. I experience that a lot too. Sometimes when I take a nap, it is pure thoughts. I haven’t even realized I’ve fallen asleep, and when I wake up, I’m surprised that over an hour has gone by.

It isn’t a short nap. They last at least 5 hours…but I have no recall of any normal dreams during this time and the thoughts are connected thoughout the night.

I do the same ting all the time.
Some times its at the NREM and I just stay asleep or I will go into a dream and be lucid.

Biohazard…Are you already lucid when you enter the dream?

Is it possible that I am nearly lucid in NREM then lose it in REM and then return with no memory of dream? :confused:

The consensus seems that it is possible to forget that you were lucid, so I would guess what you say is possible.

I get a lot of that dreamless thoughs sleep too, all my naps are like that
NREM thoughts? so you mean you could be around alpha or high theda while REM just doesn’t start for some reason?

Maybe the nap just isn’t long enough for REM to kick in. The good thing is though, I have a lot more REM in the night after having those dreamless naps in the day. :smile: