New Dream Journal Program

Well, I don’t know where else to put this so I guess I’ll post it here if I’m allowed.

Lately, every dream journal I’ve downloaded to record dreams were trial versions, meaning it costed money. This really annoys me because you can simply write it in a text file. So basically, I decided to create my own :smile:

So far the program is working smoothly, but it’s features are limited since I started it less then a week ago. You simply click New Entry, fill in the forms and click OK to add it to the top of your journal.

If anyone cares to try my journal the site is https://www.dailydreams.cjb.net, on it you can find a few screenshots and features of the program, and also download it. Try it out if you want to, or if you don’t want to thats ok too :smile:

It is a very good one if I say so.

organized,easy to use and a small download.
Just a sugestion when you update it could you put a paasword lock on it?
but still its very nice and simple and I will be using it.

Good job :thumbs:

Daily Dreams 1.5 is released. It has a password that you now set when you start the program for the first time. Every time you start up the password you will need to type in the password you set to get to the journal. The journal is harder to find where its sources are, AND the file is tuned in size a bit. Uninstall the old version if you downloaded it and the new version can be found at dailydreams.cjb.net . All the downloads were replaced with the new ones so just redownload them.

I say it again…
Very nice!

Hey all

This topic caught my eye yesterday (Friday) and I’m finally putting in my two cents…

I’m a software developer and I’m currently in the process of programming online software that provides services for mail, chat, message boards, newsgroups, photo galleries, web sites, member directory, file sharing, and home/business network support, and I develop a few other programs as hobbies. I was thinking about making my own program as well, because I didn’t like paying and I didn’t like how the others worked.

My features would include a dream/symbol dictionary, voice support (if you’d rather not type), session features (recording noises while sleeping, making noises while sleeping, playing music, cues, etc), sending dreams to friends, keeping a dream journal and downloading others using the program, and a lot of other cool features.

Dargon, what language are you programming in? I use Visual Basic .NET. Maybe we could combine our ideas into one program?

Let me know, k? thanks!

by the look i would say VB 6 ohhhhh evil prog lang i am doing it in class. lol any one think arrays are any good :wink:

Richard

Arrays are OK, but I HATE it when you have to define the length as ONE and it defines the array as TWO elements… UGH! And then the length IS one and it only has one element (0)… it’s just too confusing… but after you run the program a while, you’ll get it! :tongue:

BTW, if anyone’s interested in my program (online), it’s available at https://www.astare.2y.net/ACS/TechPilot3. The web site won’t be available 24/7, but it is on most of the time.

VERY! GOOD! iv’e downloadedit and using it all i can say is very good oh and keep up thre good work :wink: :wink:

Sorry, I’ve been too busy working on DD, to post on the forums.

Anyway, I’m here to tell you what DD 2.0 will have. Here is the features:

• Post new entry easily
  • Search easily through your dreams
  • Your dream log is encrypted and hard to break
  • A password can be set if you want to, but its not required
  • Play a sound every hour, two hours, or 3 hours
  • A link to ld4all.com :happy:
  • You can set a name, and it welcomes you each time you open DD
  • Totally new layout
  • Print journal
  • Easy support
  • Log last time DD was opened (in progress)
  • Organize your dreams by type (in progress)
  • FAQ
  • Log last time dream was entered (in progress)
  • Log last time lucid dream was entered (in progress)
  • Set 1st, 2nd, or 3rd passwords so its harder to get into program
  • Encrypts and Decrypts your journal instantly
  • A seperate journal for your signs (in progress)
  • Built in web browser (I did this because I felt like it)
  • Multiple password access (master password can do everything, set another password that when logged in on this, they can read only etc)
  • Destroy all records of journal instantly
  • Edit journal manually
  • Save journal button

Some of this I’ve already completed, some of it im still working on and I don’t know if my coding is good enough to accomplish (all the (in progress)sses). I hope to release 2.0 in the next few weeks (i may be busy). Now to get to everyones questions.

AstareGod: I used VB 6.0, and what kind of ideas do you got?

Guess there’s only one question haha. Sorry, haven’t gotten around to adding a dream dictionary or symbol dictionary yet. Maybe in other versions. Post what you think of the next version :smile: