cue: "Waking Life"

i guess most of you have seen this movie more than once :smile:
both those who have had a lucid dream and those who havent…

i used program “DreamScape” to play cues like “Youre dreaming. This is a dream.” periodically while sleeping… But it didnt really work…

then i had this idea: i have seen “Waking life” so many times that anything from it reminds me about lucid dreaming (much more than texts saying “this is a dream” or whatever…). So i just put the movie to repeat forever :smile:, adjusted volume and went to bed…

that night was the first time ever i had a lucid dream…

those who have never had a lucid dream before and are trying hard to have one - try it :smile: (if youre into “Waking Life”)…

best wishes… :wink:

That’s a really good idea. Or at least it would be, if I had both a DVD player and a TV in my room. But that’s a good idea.

PS - congrats on your first LD. I hope it was rewarding enough that you’ll continue.

i downloaded “Waking life” using DC++ :angel_fly:
.mov

And my first lucid dream was kind of SHORT. I realized that i was dreaming, talking to myself (i was sure that everything i said my body was saying too) and then i got scared of waking up, started to spin and then - blur and i was awake… Not too long…
Last night i managed to check my body - i touched my arm, stomach and leg and tried to get as much details as possible… Then i started to fly and woke up. Im havent succeeded to prolong my LDs yet…
:sad:

That’s a great idea. I’m not sure how I can convert the sound to something more convenient though, like CD audio. Does anyone know of a program that allows you to strip the audio from a DivX file into WAV or MP3?

Load it into virtualdubmod (virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net)

Then choose Streams|Stream List|save as wav

It’s very easy because this program converts the sound from mp3/ogg/whatever to wav for you (or it demuxes it as it is leaving it in the original sound format).