New method found!

I think i have found the easist method ever ! Me and a friend were at my house 2 days ago. We were listening to music at about 11pm and we talking to each. (the music was on really low volume). Then we started taling about Lucid Dreaming. This conversation lasted about 1 hour, after which we both went to sleep.

That night i had a lucid dream, and when i woke my mate told me he had too. We thought that the music and talking at length about might have helped, so wqe did it again last night. We had music on in the background and talked and talked about LD’s. Yet again i had a lucid dream.

I have tried this 2 out of 2 nights and so far it had a 100% success rate. Someone please try it tell if it works you, also can people tell me why this works as well as it does.

Thanks,
Gary Mills

did You leave the same music on when going to bed???

no i didnt leave the music when going to bed. it turned it off. will this make a difference

i think the method here is to get yourself concentrated and interested about lucid dreaming It just goes into your head. That’s about it. The music might help you get it through.

What music exactly?

Something trancey, no doubt.

I listen to Iron Maiden before I go to sleep. Gets me all trancy

I think its pretty difficult to discuss lucid dreaming for an hour every night… although I agree that there is definate validity to this method.

Also, watching the movie “Waking Life” before you goto bed may increase your chances quite a bit. I know it worked once for me…

Quote —>I think its pretty difficult to discuss lucid dreaming for an hour every night…

Not if your friend has never heard of LDing before. If your friend is a LD God already, then there will be not a lot of new stuff to discuss, but If your friend has never heard of it and is interested, then an hour is nothing :grin:
If this works for you, awesome! But I actually have tried it, (maybe not talking for an hour, but quite a while) and it didn’t work for me. I think it would work better if you played the same song over and over. If you were still sane by the end of the night, that song would be stuck in your head, and you would think of LDing when you heard the song, so you may get a LD from it.

The reason you had an LD is because you where talking about it before sleeping, and it was really stuck into your mind. Not because of the music…

I was about to start a topic about musics influence on LDing, but since I saw this post I thought I would say it here.
Over the past few days I have made a mp3 playlist that has songs to do with dreaming or sleeping and by listening to this (100minutes or so) It greatly enhances the chances of LDing. Here are some of the tracks…

Iron Maiden - Infinite dreams
Steve Vai - in my dreams with you
Satriani - flying in a blue dream
Steve Vai - erotic nightmares
Dream theater - Blind faith
Dream theater - misunderstood
Dream theater - lifiting shadows of a dream
Dream theater - wait for sleep
Dream theater - Regression/Strange Deja vu
Mullmuzzler - Shores of Avalon
Filter - take my picture
Iron Maiden - dream of mirrors
Aerosmith - Dream on
Dokken - Dream Warriors
Iron Maiden - Wildest Dreams
Steve Vai - Fever Dream
Van Halen - Dreams
Blaze - End Dream

Some songs (by Dream theater in particular) have a alot of LD references and this greatly helps to drive the concept into the subconsiousness… or somthing like that…

having conversations about LDs definatly works. One day after I had an LD a few days before i got interested in LDing again and I was talking about it a lot all day to my brothers and had a LD that night.

Wolf, might I just say that your taste in music is excellent! Dream Theater! Have you got their new album,Train of Thought yet? If so, what do you think about it?

Yeah I got it the day it came out, its awesome! I wonder if the guys in Dream theater know about Lucid dreaming or practice it?
IMO alot of the lyrics (particularly from the album “six degrees…”) definetly help to initiate LDs.

Dream Theater rocks. Space Dye Vest, Caught In a Web, The Mirror… Hell, I love the whole Awake album.

I agree, but…
Thats exactly the problem. It sounds like you’d have to get a new friend every week, sit em down and talk about lucid dreaming. My last lucid dream was this weekend after talking seperately to two different people about lucid dreams. But that doesn’t happen too often.

I’ll try it, my friend’s crashing here tonight anyway. We aren’t going to listen to anything trance like though. Probably Adema or Smile empty soul. We shall chat for a lil bit when we go to bed in a lil bit, it’s already 12:30 in the morning my time. I’ll let ya know if anything happens, but I’ve done similar before and I’ve gotten nothing.

Tried talking to my cats about it for an hour, but they felt that LD 'ing was only a manifestation of our own “God Complex” and kept referring to my other ongoing project the “largest ball of string” world record. Then they told me I was boring and flew away.

That aside.

Personally I think the technique revolves around the fact that I constantly listen to “I Missed The Bus” by Kris Kross before going to sleep. (It’s all about a young man’s struggle to try and wake up to catch the bus to school)

WL --> ISSUE CMD = Emoticon
WL --> :content:

LD CODE PROJECT

What’s the LD code project?

And what´s the GAP? (mentioned in your sig)

tapir