gimmie a break.......

Many times i have become Lucid due to dreams i have had before, particularly if the place i am appears to be from Star Trek lol. Last night I was in a corridor with pannels on the wall ala star trek, and i thought “hey i’m dreaming”

I closed my eyes, spin around saying (by spinning i mean spinning like i was on a spintop) “Increase lucidity by a ten” (i find increase lucidity- doesn’t work without a factor to mulitply)

I could feel my self becoming more lucid… and what happens?

THE DAMN CAT WOKE ME UP!!! :grrr:

Hehheh, I’ve been rudely awoken more than one time by my cat. In fact he’s attacking me right now!

Well my poor cat gets shut downstairs at night - otherwise he comes and ‘shouts’ at us for breakfast in the middle of the night.

But, I have had many a FA with a dream cat jumping on the bed and waking me!

oooh no! :eek: that’s the worst! I don’t have a cat, so I don’t need to worry about this. Maybe you should take Sleepyheads advice and put the poor cat in a different room, or close your door at night

In my case it is the opposite, im usually the one to wake the cat :content: wonder if i ever woke them out an LD?

(just hope he dosent want revenge lol)

Isn’t there an old saying, “If your cat wakes you up, eat it.” :smile:

Sounds about right :wink:

My cat did that when I had my 1st LD.
I wanted to kill her.
Now she never sleeps with me in my room.

I do and lock it. the problem with the cat is that he has a mouth :eek:

Apparently it is believed that cats don’t remember their dreams because it would be dangerous for them.

For instance a cat could dream that the neighbour’s ferocious dog had died and that a colony of mice had moved in, then it would when awake, climb over the wall to the neighbour thinking of getting its supper but probably becoming supper itself…

ok i have no idea where u heard that but it sounds cool but hey IG u got a door? why dont you shut it?

It sounds like if he kicks the cat out, it yowls all night and won’t let him sleep - Or at least that’s what I gathered. Quite a problem.
Can it sleep in anyone else’s room?

I heard it on the laberge mp3 or on the lucidity.com site (probably the latter).

u did??? am i good or am i good :smile:

It helps if you leave the cat with a big bowl of food before you go to bed. But then mine gets lonely and still howls at the door. That’s when you throw a shoe at them. :wink:

Another similar happening. I was walking down a street (not even sure if it was in England lol) But i suddenly thought… “Hang on… i can’t really be here! This must bea dream.”

So i started spinning a little said “Increase Lucidity by 1000” and i immediately floated from the ground and felt a little over whelmed (1000 was the first number that came to me lol) so i closed my eyes to get used to the other sensations all 6 of em :eh:

but as soon as i opened them i knew that if i did i would wake up instead, sadly i was right. As soon as i closed them i began to drift from dream to waking and on opening my eyes i was awake.

The sensations were incredible though, pity i couldn’t have stay longer.

Do you manage to get a lot of LDs insane_goth?

Lets just say - the 2 lds i have had this month equal the same ammount i have had the rest of the year combined :sad:

I’m not able to do most lucid methods Mild, Wild, etc. so it’s usually triggered by dreams i’ve had before. With any luck though it continues, interestingly enough the 2 times i have had them this month i did the same thing.

went to bed, Attempted AP, rolled over went to sleep, Woke up after 5hrs used the toilet - brain still asleep crawled back in bed (no intentions of LDing etc) and then i would have the LD experiences.

I think I might have to chill out myself for a couple of days and see what happens. :wiske:

Awwww, happened to me before… but except with my sister or mom, they used to always wake me up when I wanted to continue LD’ing (it was getting too good!).

Then I managed to learn how to wake up 1 min before any interruptions. Don’t ask me how I did it, but yeah. I manage to finish what I’d like to do in my LD’s by then. :biggrin:

I have a dreamsign where I am walkin down a huge plaza with a large median and tons of people. There is a large capitol building at the end and everything is shimmering gold, then I see a USPS mailbox. I wonder if I will see it again because the last time I dreamed it, the area was attacked biologicaly then nuked by the government to contain the weapon. Strangly enough, the FDA building survived and when I walked in, there was a fully functional McDonald’s inside. :smile: