Constructing a list of things you can do in an LD and how to

I am constructing a list of things you can do in an LD and how to do them. I want general tips for doing any special features (flying, going through walls etc). For example: Try to wake up and you’ll fly (ovcourse this isn’t true). So I would apprciate any feedback, thanks.

Include general tips and tips specific to special features of LDs, or just contribute to this topic in any way.

Finding DCs:

• turning a corner/entering a room expecting the DC of your choice to be there
  • standing in front of a door waiting for the DC to come through the door
  • waving your arms blindy around you (without looking at them), expecting to feel a DC. When you do feel something, turn around and expect whatever DC you wish to stand there (works rather well)

Finding particular place

• hailing the cab and asking to be got there
  • closing your eyes expecting to be there when they open

Getting better vision

• putting glasses on
  • “clarify vision” command

Cant think of anymore right now.

Flying:
-Jump. Try to jump high. Er, you might go down slowly, though. But if you expect to keep going, you just might.
-Jump off a building or something and aim downward. Then pull yourself up like an airplane after falling a bit.

When I want better vision, I just rub my hands.

Going through things:
-Run really fast torward them. Better not let your confidence falter. Go really fast so you’ll get seriously injured. Extremely seriously injured.
-Stick your hand in first, ease it in if you have to. The rest of you should come easily.
-If you get stuck, stay calm, maybe visualize yourself going through, wiggle around a bit.

I’ll try the groping technique, but what if my DC summoned slaps me after I grope them? :tongue: Pull an Arnold Schwarzenegger to summon DCs.

Magic:
-BELLIIEEVE IN YOURSELF DOOD!
-Visualization is the key. Imagine tentacles of energy going out of you and then bringing the object you want to you. Or form something in your hands and throw it! Don’t look if you can’t do it. Just imagine the sensation of forming a ball in your hands while your hands are behind your back, then pitch it or something. Visualize and imagine…

Adding to finding a particular place:
-Jump through a mirror, and expect to find that place (strip club no doubt) and hop in. If you can’t go through, use that going through thing thing listen above…
-Imagine (or create by touching it) “ripples” in the mirror that slowly turn into a little picture of where you want to end up. Keep your eyes open and step through…

I think my list consists of…
Flying (that’s a pretty obvious one!)
mourphing into an animal
finding my spirit guide
meeting and talking to DC’s
transporting to others dreams (shared dreaming)
can’t think of any more right now, but I know there are more… :confused:

Adding to walking/going through stuff, a method Stephen LaBerge suggested for new LDers.

Turn your back to the wall and imagine it being gone. It will.

Altering appearance (Personal fav :content: )
Þ ¬Closing eyes and expecting it to change when opening your eyes.
Þ ¬Yelling out commands and turn around
Þ ¬Moving your hands down your body expecting the change on that new part as you go

:smile: arent those cool? :razz:

quite cool! I’ve never materialised anything before either… I’d like to do that!

On Creating Items

We all know that the key to doing anything in an LD lies in your expectations. Conscious or otherwise, anything that happens in the dream world will be what your mind expected to happen, from DC behavior to item placement and physical appearance. The trick is finding a way to convince your subconscious to expect the desired item to appear. Rarely does anything ‘materialize’ before your eyes in RL, so naturally your mind isn’t going to make it easy for this to happen in a dream. Instead, depending on how realistic your target, it’s usually easier to imagine the item on the other side of a large object, or behind a door, in a cupboard, etc. Slowly move around the obscuring object, or open the door ‘expecting’ to see the item within. If possible, use the most sensible area of the dream world which relates to the object. For example, if you want a knife, check the kitchen drawer.

Alternatively, you can try blindly probing around for the item somewhere you can’t see. Reach into your pocket expecting to feel the item, or just feel around behind you until you notice something there (probably not such a good idea if you are after a knife). If it makes it easier for you, try telling yourself what you intent to find while you’re searching. I’ve had success before by verbally reminding myself what I’m after; “Now where did that bottle go?”, for example. As long as you’re not asking your mind to do anything unrealistic, you can usually find what you’re after using the above technique.

Eventually it will become easier for your mind to accept that traditional rules don’t apply in the dream world. Initially you could try creating a magic wand, and using that to appear the desired item. Once while playing around with such a wand, I found I could create anything I needed simply by pointing the wand at a nearby object, and announcing that the requested item was now behind it. If you’re feeling particularly powerful, you might even try creating the item before your eyes. Anything can happen if you convince yourself that it can.