Intentionally inducing REM?

I came up with an interesting idea to try while falling back asleep or doing WILD. I think there is a slight possibility that if you move your eyes in coordination with where are are looking in your visualization, it might induce REM faster. Its proven that you look the same direction IRL as you do in the dream during REM, so I think there could be a signifigance to trying this. At the least it will probably make your visualizations more vivid because it sure did for me. Of course this would be best to try after sleeping for several hours and maybe waking during a dream. Also, if you don’t move your body when awakening from a dream, then you can re-enter that dream much faster. Combining these ideas, I have been able to enter dreams conciously for the past few days inducing some short LD’s :cool: . The only problem I have is that you sort of have to “wait” for the dream to unfold. I have ended up in lucid half-dreams that weren’t very stable.

Recap of my REM induction idea:

1)Awaken from a dream after sleeping around 5 hours.

2)If an alarm woke you up, keep it within arms reach in an obvious spot so you don't have to move much other than your arm to turn it off.

3) Retain your position and do not shift at all. Remain just as you were while sleeping.

4) Visualize your intended dream or the dream you just woke from, BUT....coordinate your actual eye movement with where ever you look in your visualization. As Pedro said in his "LD at will" post, visualize as if you were seeing it with your actual eyes.

5)Another thing I find that assists this is to narrarate your visualization. Use your mind's voice to tell what you are currently percieving, doing, and planning to do next. This helps you to hear your thoughts once you do enter the dream.

6) And before you know it the images should get more detailed until you actually begin to hear and feel things happening and you are probably dreaming by then.

So basically this technique involves maintaining your muscle’s paralyzed position so it brings less time your body needs to relax again before sleep…

Making your eyes simulate REM which might help it occur faster…

Keeping your mental voice active to keep you aware of your thoughts while dreaming. It also helps keep your visualization under control to prevent random things from popping into your head.

50 views = 0 replies :huh:

Thanks for the posting. I need to work on my visualizations. You described it in just the right way. I seriously don’t think that I’v ever even thought of that :tongue: … So, move my real eyes along with the visual… I will do that! Thanks! :grin:

lol Trance :smile: , it is an interesting topic. When i laydown for a WILD i visualise that i see myself in my bed in a different setting other than my room. Maybe outside somewhere. But i always visualise from 3rd person and i never thought about visualising from 1st person, really looking out of my dream eyes at the scene.

It seems like a good idea and i will try tonight and post the results here tommorow for you to see.

-=JaSoN=-

Trancewave i test it this week…it sure is a good idea or i wouldnt take time to test it lol :smile: its at least interesting :content:

Jeff

Very good idea and I will be trying it of awhile.

I tried it. Didn’t go lucid, but dreams where much more lucid than before. I’ll keep practicing this technique.
When I woke up, I opened my eye lids then did not move any muscles. Totally relaxed, I noticed that my vision of the room was shaking, like my eyes were still in the REM motion, but I was awake seeing my room. when I closed my eyes I fell back into a different dream, and was just oh so close to Lucidity, but no cigar. :confused: