new and in need of help

:help: ok well i’ve had enough! for as long as i remember i’ve has dreams that i cant move. i later found its called sleep paralisis. they’ve been getting worse the last few months. i hadn’t had on in a few years untill then. it started with a semi-normal dream and i remember seeing my brother and dad in my dream and them going out of focus and becoming a pillow and bedsheet on my bed. then i saw a black fuz square and one of them sleep paralisis things happened again. it felt like the monster that was coming out of the square was clawing or biting my hand and in the back of the black fuz i heard screaming of “He stabed me with a bullet” and was just in all a disturbing experience. since then i had those dreams more freqently, but that one started them up again. i get them about once a week now and want to know if there is a way i can stop them or any medication.

sounds more like a nightmare than Sleep paralysis, a recurring Nightmare at that. Either way the bad dreams are caused by negative feelings in the RL. stress is a common cause.

Try relaxing a little more, do something to take you mind off your normal routine. You can stop the recurring nightmares via Lucid Dreaming, i learned this when i was 6.

If it is sleep paralysis however then i really wouldn’t know where to start :bored:

Hm, sounds a bit like my recurring nightmares. I only really get them when I’m sick though. I had it recently too since over here flu-season is starting up. I can move in mine but the more I do the more a weird pain and numbness controls my body and the scene gets more and more frantic and wild (and frightnening as I can’t wake myself). I get a severe dizziness and maybe even fall down but that just makes the pain and dizziness worse. This goes on for a while until I wake up sweating. Once it was so bad (and I was so sick) that the sensation I had in my dream continued after I half way woke up. I deliriously made my way down stairs (In RL mind you!) and even pulled out my sleeping bag and layed out at the foot of my mom’s bed. Good thing she woke up to pull me out of that experience.

Anyway, our dreams may not be sleep paralysis but its definately reminicent of it (I had it once). I agree with Goth that relaxing does help, but as far as curing nightmares with LDs I can’t say much. I’m no where near as skilled with LDing to pull that off.

thanks, but i’m sure this is sleep paralisis. its not the same each time, but always scary.

All I can think of is to do lots of reality checks during the day. It has them on this website somewhere. If you could get used to questioning yourself ‘Am I dreaming?’ in the daytime. Maybe it would eventually get into your subconcious so you’d end up asking the same question in the nightmare.

I’m sorry, I’ve never had SP and can’t offer much advice.

I’m sure though that your fear of them is not helping. Easy to say, I know. :content: But if you go to sleep with a regret or fear on your mind, you are more likely to dream and experience that while asleep.

Before your bedtime try your best to clear your mind, and to surround yourself in things that seem positive and protective. Just something to keep your mind off of dreading another SP experience.

If you do continue to have SP try to take advantage of it. SP can be a great 1st step into some great lucid dreams. Maybe you can try to actually induce them. Think of that method as reverse psychology for the brain. :tongue: