First lucid dream in a while..

well…i dont remember it to well…or what the dream was but im certian i had a lucid moment…i remember saying “Wait…what the hell…im dreaming!” and then everything went black, and i was losing control it felt like that…then i woke up…anyway…i want to have more lucid dreams but more longer…any tips?

Try not to get excited or overly emotional. If your still in try say to “stop time!”. Funny i’ve never had one lol.

It takes a while to reach the point to where you can ld frequently. I highly recommend the WBTB method if you want to increase your chances of having a ld. Next time you go lucid, stay calm and focus on your breathing. Then, pay attention to specific detail in your dream to increase its vividness. Being lucid takes some time to get used to but it all depends on how motivated you are.

Wow! That sounds very similar to mine! Try to keep your wits about you, because it can still end even if you aren’t overly emotional. Try to get the word “steady” or “easy” out of your mouth, and take a moment to establish the situation. Supposedly, it gets easier with experience. ^.^

It’s a just a new skill. Practice, you’ll get it. What helped me was to plan out what I wanted to do before I went to sleep. Otherwise I’d make the same sort of misakes everytime I got lucid (like getting excited, or staring at something for too long)

Check out the dream stabilization topics. Could be helpful.
Ian