Charka, Chakra, sun-eye, Third eye tech.

I was wondering where is the third eye? Is it right above your eyebrows between your eyes? If it is I have trouble keeping my eyes there and after I move them from the position I get very dizy like now :neutral: and my head sorta spins. How do you people do it? I just move my eyes so their both facing up there.

what’s this about the third eye? can it help lucidity?

Well if someone responded I would know. ha.

The third eye is between your eyebrows, and a bit upwards. You might want to put your finger on that spot first, and look at your finger. It’ll be easier that way, you’ll be sure you are looking at the right spot.

Looking at your third eye is used in the sun eye technique. It’s kind of like WILD, although it does not have to be. It can also be used for some simple relaxation and self suggestion (like when doing MILD).

Just do a google search for suneye technique :wink:

edit: Yes it might hurt a bit when you keep your eyes that way too long at a time. By time this will get easier, as you will train the muscles in that area. You should’t overdo it, though…

The third eye is the popular name of the brow chakra, and it corresponds to a pineal gland in the brain. It’s called “the third eye”, because some species (lizards I believe…) have developped photoreceptors at this place. These receptors are highly sensitive to light, so in a way you could consider this gland as an “eye”, hence “the third eye”.
Now, what are chakras? These can be found in traditional Eastern philosophy. To understand what they are you must first imagine that the human body is in fact an energy body. Chakras are certain spots of high energy density. They are vortices of energy in the human energy body which can be manipulated by thought, concentration and awareness. There are 7 major chakras and about 300 minor ones. When you draw the 7 major chakras on a map of the human body, you’ll notice that they coincide with the main endocrine glands. The third eye chakra coincides with the pineal gland. Concentrating on the third eye helps you to send your message (for example “I WILL have a LD this night”) much deeper into your subconsciousness, so you have a bigger chance of remembering your intentions in the dream. You don’t need to turn your eyes to your forehead; just concentrate on the third eye spot and try to stay aware in that spot while focusing on your intentions of having a LD.
I hope this helps a bit :wink:
Good luck!

Hey, here´s a tech that might help you potentiate your third eye, At least it has worked for me ever since I was a child and knew anything about chakras and LD.
Close your eyes and slowly move your finger towards tour third eye. you will feel some strange feeling in this area. When you get used to this, ask someone to move his finger towards your head. This is a sort of extra sensorial perception, might help a bit

I’ve read some many techs and websites about this, i wish you would of asked a year ago so i can send you the link :tongue: . But i think keeping your eyes at that point is the challenge and you just get stronger and better. I heard first you have to open your charkas, and that’s the hard part. So whatever tech your reading, i think you have to practice it till perfection.

But i thought this method was for WILD’s? :eh: It did induce LD’s for me right after i WILD, the reason i LD, because i broke concentration and i think i stopped looking at my third eye. I liked this third eye method, so far it worked well. I just havent took the time to perfect it :wink:

Mystic is this a form of mediation? If so, what do you do?

Am I meant to be going cross eyed when I do this :confused:

I dont think so, i think your supposed to look up, not to the center :woah:

I remember I once tried such a method during a WILD trial, and a very peculiar thing happend. Kept my concentration on it for a while, and after some time, I felt a hard pressure there, as if someone was jamming their thumb into my forehead.
I felt myself getting smaller WITHIN my own body, till I was little more than a speck, and I could still feel that pressure. I let my mind wander a bit, and I lost focus and went into a dream and never became lucid, but Im sure that if I held out a little longer, then I could have gone into a dream conciously. There really is some sort of power behind this, its real.

That was a great way to desrcibe it GhostOfTheNavigator, just try harder next time :content:

I feal nothing :cry: .

um, I’m pretty sure your not accually supposed to ‘look’ at your third eye, as it would seem impossible unless you can pop your eyes out or roll your eyes up, and I also dont see how attempting to look up really hard then getting a headache helps with LDs. It is my understanding that you are supposed to concentrate on this spot, not look at it. Meditate on it. Too many ppl imagine their “self” like in their brain, looking out. Just concetrate on the spot and center yourself there.

Hey, don’t you give up that easily, sure you can do it!! :content:

Yes this is called chakra meditation. Normally when working with the chakras you need to work with every major chakra to keep a healthy energy balance of your body. The suneye method however only emphasizes on the brow chakra. If you keep focusing on this chakra only, or if you overstimulate it, your energy body could get out of balance a bit, so don’t overdo it.
There are many chakra meditation techniques, but they all start with letting the energy flow through your body in a totally relaxed and very natural way. You could do this by shifting your point of awareness through every major body part from your toes straight up to your head, then back through the chakras to an area in the lower abdomen (here lies the biggest energy storage center of the body). When you do this, try not to think about your actions but let it flow naturally. In time you’ll actually feel it flowing.
Then you could for instance do some colour breathing meditation: with every major chakra you can associate a certain colour and geometrical pattern (for instance: base chakra = deep red; brow “third eye” chakra = deep blue;…). You need to work from the base chakra up to your crown chakra. When you inhale, you must feel yourself becoming the colour of the specific chakra you’re working with. Feel it everywhere outside as well as inside you. Try to channel this colour straight into the heart of the chakra (with the aid of your breathing). When you exhale, feel how every tension and thoughts are leaving your body together with your breath. Do this a few times per chakra, and then move up to the next one.
You can also combine colour breathing with chakra stimulation by shifting your point of awareness through the specific chakra. Stimulate it with your awareness, but don’t think about it. Just be inside this chakra while at the same time you let it overflow with its specific colour.
Personally I’ve found that stimulating all chakras, instead of only one, works much much better: most of my dreams got much clearer and LD-rate was also higher. In general I felt myself better than without the chakra meditation.
Good luck with it :smile:

I don’t get how can you meditate? It’s hard and doesn’t make sense. Colors? How can I imagine colors? :confused: :help: . Is their any easy/basic technique? If it means relaxation I am relaxed all the time.

Actually these are the easiest and most basic techniques of chakra meditation :smile: Here’s a good link with detailed information about letting the energy flow through your body by shifting your point of awareness: astralpulse.com/guides/new/new.htm

I don’t think you’re always relaxed enough to meditate… When you’re totally relaxed you feel a heavy numbness all over your body.
Some time ago there was a big topic about meditation: https://community.ld4all.com/t/meditation/7563

It’s not thát difficult to imagine colours. I suppose you can imagine (coloured) objects right? So why shouldn’t you be able to imagine colours? When you do colour breathing you must not only imagine it, but try to feel that your breath has the same colour: when you inhale, your body is completely filled with the colour (especially the area of the specific chakra); when you exhale, remove the excessive colour together with remaining muscle tensions and distracting thoughts. You must be completely surrounded by this colour before you can go to the next colour. Really try to feel it. Become this colour. This may seem difficult in the beginning, but it will go easier in time when you gain more experience.

Mystic, I have a question about chakras. I seem to naturally feel something at the forehead chakra (3rd eye) and I can completely relax and focus on this area and very nearly WILD. I feel the numbness etc. I can bring on the sensation like it is being touched simply by thinking about it. I’ve never got this sensation anywhere else on my body (except occasionally my right temple). Is there any significance reason for this? Are the other chakras just as easy to pinpoint and start to feel? I am asking you because you seem quite experienced in doing this, but I suspect it is different for different people.

I don’t know if you believe me or not but I just can’t do it :sad: :sad: :sad: Aww man I really want to.

To all:

Try the chakra technique in the middle of the night, at around 4am. It will be easier to attain the level of relaxation to feel any result.