REM induction...sort of

I was wondering, If you were to wake up at lets say, 6:30 in the mornin, as I do for school, then every hour or two, take a 5-10 minute nap until the evening, would your REM sleep start right away when you get to bed?
I took a nap 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th period, and I entered REM right away with each. Going Lucid in my 3rd period for a second before the bell woke me up. >_<. If you would keep up this pattern until the evening, would REM start right away?

It might have been posted. Sorry if it has ^_^.

-Crowe

It uh… might. Interesting theory. Why not? I think it would start a lot sooner if you had sleep prior. You just need to time it right so you wake up right before REM (or a few minutes to rem) so when you go back to sleep it would ‘resume’. But uh, I wouldn’t recommend you do that in… every period.

Hehe youre probably right. But i guess if you have alot of time on your hands on like a sunday or something. Every once in a while taking a nsp. err…sorry. Just a theory.

-Crowe

It may work depending on one important factor, the school you are at. If your in post secondary or an expensive private school, don’t do it man! If your at some regular Joe Dirt school, go for it. It obviously isn’t hurting your LDing abilities and you said that you went lucid during class so its a step in the right direction.