New Year's Lucidity

I had a pseudo-lucid dream last night. I found myself in a classroom, and I felt fairly suspicious, so I asked what the date was, and someone gave me an answer in may or something. Then I jumped up from my seat and started dancing around because I knew I was dreaming, because it was New Year’s. Unfortunately, I didn’t think about all the things I wanted to do when lucid because it was a little indistinct, and I later had a false awakening.

But anyway, has this happened to anyone else? This kind of unconscious reality check? (I haven’t been doing any reality checks.)

And do you have any advice for ways to maintain clear-headedness?

yeah… a lotta my lucid dreams happen when i notice something’s off about the dream world

it sounds to me like you had a low-level LD (your full mental capacity is not all there in those) i’m not sure you can do anything about those, but keep at it, you’ll get a proper one :yinyang:

Well, it was odd because I had no reason to think there was anything odd until I got the idea to ask the date. And this is the 3rd low level ld that I’ve had, though it is the only one I’ve had without actually dreaming of falling asleep to ld.
And I got the impression of feeling VERY clear headed, and I even looked around for a DC that I expected to see, but I was dancing around because I was so happy I was lding, and I don’t think that was very rational. Oh well, I have hope for tonight.

Sometimes that happens, you probably just got excited and didn’t think clearly about what you wanted to do. But if you looked around for a specific DC, you probably did have a little bit of clear-headedness and were lucid.

A good way to increase Lucdity I’ve found is to just shout into your head “INCREASE LUCIDTY NOW” and after your lucidity goes up a bit think about your body in bed and that you can’t be hurt etc. and then start you’re dream activities

ALso remember while having fun to maintain this thought or it could revert back to a low-level LD