Reason's for waking up?

I always have lucid dreams where they will just end suddenly, for no reason i know of and they end so quickly that i can’t revive them.

Is this because of the end of the rem cycle? It’s pretty annoying, if its because of something like getting a sudden fright or sudden anxiety then i don’t mind but this is for no reason.

Most of my lucid dreams are medium to high lucidity, som as clear as waking life.

I’m sure everyone gets this, so does anyone know anything about it?

Yeah, I get that from time to time, but I don’t think it’s REM running out. Often when this happens I am able to use the WILD method just as I’m beginning to wake up. (It’s especially easy to use WILD if you expect that the dream is fading out, and you’re mentally prepared.) Often, after the WILD I have a longer LD, so I obviously have REM left.

I think it suddenly ends because I get excited, or I’m thinking too hard, or something.

You mean as soon as the LD fades, you start WILDing?

Interesting - must try that…

my last few LD’s have ended rather abruptly, like after 3 or 4 minutes of gaining lucidity. And only once was it because i got excited. I looked back at my DJ and started to realize that I gained lucidity within a dream after I had already been dreaming for some time. So I think for me, i was at the end of the REM cycle

I don’t think it’s to do with REM at all. I think it’s more because your subconscious, for whatever reason, doesn’t want you to have lucid dreams. They’re like some sort of subconscious outlet, and if you’re lucid, you’re spoiling that.

I usually rub my hands together and WILD when i feel it fading out but a lot of the time its so quick there is no time and it takes about a second from me being in the LD to being in my bed, eyes opened.

Last night i went lucid, after being in a dream for a long time. It was blurry so i started to rub my hands together, i did this and felt the buzz and tingles as everything was getting clearer then all of a sudden i woke up. I wasn’t getting excited either.

Maybe long LD’s are realising at the start of a dream, while short ones are realisations quite far into the dream. Like there is a timer on dream length.

I have noticed this. Anyone else?