Floating in Reality?

Anybody get that sensation when you’re floating or flying in a dream and you become aware of one of your feet floating above the sheets? It is very strange and i was convinced I this was happening for real. Can’t be I know cos then I’d be superman. But there must be an explanation because we’ve all had dreams we felt are our arm was cut off and woke up lying on it and it had gone dead. Ideas?

First your arm goes dead and then circumstances in the dream make it cut off. It’s like the mind is signalling to you that your arm isn’t getting enough blood.

The reason it is probably dead is that your body is just beginning to wake up from SP and the arm is still paralyzed, you probably feel it in your dream because either your on the verge to waking up or you are super lucid

In a dream, like awake, your brain is taking in data from all the senses and formulating a perception of the events taking place.

The body has an override that channels information from the senses to the brain while your sleeping. A loud noise, strange smell or lack of blood to your arm.

Your brain then makes a determination of what to do. Should I wake up or just incorporate this into the current world I’m perceiving.

Who hasn’t dreamed of a song only to wake and have it playing on the alarm radio.

This provides for experiments an important link between the waking world and the dream world as well as a safety mechanism. The evolutionary reason for this mechanism is quite apparent when you think about it.

yes i have had many times those same feelings… Like my both feet were floating in the air… I guess it happens when part of your body is still in a sleep state but ur mind has awoken to preceive this anomality. It’s a fun feeling tough and no physical danger like lack of blood circulation is involved.

maybe i should add that i got those feelings only when i tried the WILD & other LD stuff earlier those nights.

Yes usually these types of things happen with WILD, becuase during that you ar actually concious as your falling asleep.