Gradual awareness of lucidity?

Here’s something I’ve been a little frustrated with. When I first began LD-ing, I’d become aware of a dream sign and instantly gain lucidity. (“Hey! There’s Elvis! I must be dreaming!”)

More often lately, I become gradually aware of lucidity. It’s like I’m actively participating in the dream without true lucidity, then it dawns on me that I’m actually dreaming. :ack:

The gradual awareness of lucidity seems to help prevent waking up too soon; then again, I’d like to get lucid as quickly as possible, know what I mean? Anyone else dealt with this?

Thats excatly what Ive been going through. Its Like , “Hey Im Dreaming…” but then i kindof forget so the lucidity comes in waves. The last Lucid dream I had i was lucid at school for about five minutes, then i faded back into a normal dream where i was explaining to my friend that i had a lucid dream. Really annoying.

lol, i get that all the time, after my LD, ill go tell some1 i just had a LD, and usualy i tell them in the same lucid dream. or some times i tell people in proceding dream that i had a LD… if i could learn to do a RC eveytimg i talk about LDs, i could make a chain of LD in a night :happy:

Another annoying thing is when I fail an RC within a dream. Like, recently, I dreamed I was sitting in this big auditorium waiting for some sort of show to begin, and Mother Theresa was sitting next to me.

I remember in my dream questioning why she was there. I disctinctly remember the dream-me thinking, Isn’t she dead? But then I concluded that she was there so she must be alive … never mind the fact that I’ve never had the occasion to hang out with Mother Theresa. Obvious dream sign missed completely!!

Arrgghh… :bored: I guess I need to do some more RCs in waking life.