Lucid or Not?

Ive had a couple dreams in which i know that i am dreaming, yet i didn’t seem to have any control over it, everything just kept on going as it had before. Its almost like watching a TV show with me in it. Are these lucid dreams or not?

This is gonna be the same answer as 20 other new guys have received in the past month or so…

You are having a lucid dream if you know you are dreaming, regardless of your level of control and level of participation in the dream. If you’re watching a movie, you can control the events of the movie if you really try. Also you can fashion a body for yourself if you’re skilled enough…

They are typical examples of a subtype of LDs, called Tacitly LDs. These are dreams in which you only have an implicit knowledge of the state you’re in, and you have the impression that you’re playing a role as if you’re acting in a TV movie. It feels like you have to play the role as it’s prescribed, or otherwise you’re getting troubles with the producer. Yeah these kind of LDs can be pretty annoying, but they clearly show that awareness is appearing in your dreams. And that’s a good sign :wink: