Am i just incompetent?

I dont know, ive been trying a few weeks… and before i knew about all this, i could rememebr my dreams fairly well… after the first night i tried i remembered but after that, whenever i think about what i drempt of it just goes blank… nothing… i cant remember ANYTHING… :help: is it possible im trying too hard, am i not fit the have lucid dreams, or am i just in a slump of my dreaming cycle?

lol Don’t worry they tend to do that ever so often. I’d know. Damn paterns lol. Ya it’s normal. Don’t worry. Calm down and don’t worry about remembering your dreams instead think as you’d normaly do in the morning. Thats what I do and my dreams just come to me after I eat my breakfast.
Ya don’t worry they come back. Try not to make it such a big issue in your life yet.
Your welcome. :content:

Double post sorry.

like the golden king said, you shouldn’t worry about dry spells… they come and go. just stick through it and don’t get discouraged.

it is also true that when starting with lucid dreaming it takes a while to improve recall to get ready for lucidity. as time progresses, you’ll get better and better with your recall, and dry spells will be less frequent… as long as you don’t get discouraged with the low tides

hope i helped, keep with it :wink:

Try not to force yourself to remember them. Just keep in mind that you want to remember them until you do. Even if it takes to lunch.

Again with LDs. Try not to force LDs, I let them come to me. However people use inducing methods as well as other methods to get Lucid.

The answer to your question (topic tittle), Yes, you are. :tongue:

well thats good to hear… (even the incompetent part!)

just seemed weird how before i wanted to remember them i could easily remember them with reasonable detail, then i try to and poof, dreams gone. :bored:

just a few notes

-when you wake up during the night immediately try to write down some notes, you can detail them more thoroughly in the morning
-if you can’t remember anything, think about how your feeling and why that is, think about what other dreams you’ve had in the past, maybe you have a common theme to your dreams, school, work, potato salad

if you can’t wake up in the night just drink lot’s of water before going to sleep.

i wish i could remember the saying, so if somebody’s heard it before, please fill in “flying” with the correct action

this guy was flying and he was just fine, then somebody asked him how it was possible for him to fly and he fell out of the sky and couldn’t fly anymore

it was something like that… anyway, you’re trying to bring an activity that you were unconsciously good at, dream recall, and bring it into the conscious sphere. i think it would be good to ask the questions: what was i unconsciously doing that was so right? what am i consciously doing that is so wrong? how can i consciously do what i did unconsciously?

i think you were on to something when you entertained the idea that you may be trying too hard, and if this post didn’t make any sense, just ignore me :yinyang:

Usually the man is thought to have had an ability for dancing. Unfortunate him…