Trance inducing wav file

home.comcast.net/~coresite/experiments.html

At this site, it has a wav file that they say will induce a trance within 5-10 minutes. I haven’t been able to try it, because my computer isn’t in my room, I don’t have a pair of working headphones, and I’d have to borrow my brother’s CD player if I were to transport it to a CD (in other words, that’s a definite no go).

Anyone want to try this and see if it works?

i’m interested… but i don’t want to be the only one who tries it. thanks for the link abyss :smile:

I think ill try it to…
We never no, sometimes, sacrefices need to be made…

What sacrifices would that be :confused: Anyway, I think I’ll try this. Didn’t have much luck with the warpmymind files.

COO!!! i’m allways looking for new trance induction files, I’m in, i’ll give it a go tonight.

okay well,.

i downloaded it,
and in order to get it to work right, you need winamp 3, because normal winamp actually pauses for a lil bit just before it repeats the 5 second .wav file,

but with winamp 3, it is like a continuous loop without that little pause that winamp does before switching to a different track on the playlist
– you need crossfade OFF for that

well., i tried it,… and i admit, i am pretty sleepy

but… i usually go to bed around this time… so its kind of a bias there,

but i made a good few typos that i had to correct as i went along while typing this post,. so that proves that i’m a bit more dozzy than usual…,
… but… i DID have a long, messed up day today.,

hmmm… too much bias for me to be sure if it worked,… but it was alrite styll…

i’ll try it again,

thanks for that link Abyss

Didn’t do a thing for me. But my roommate was typing really loudly, so that may have interferred. I may give it a try this weekend when I’m at home in my own room with my own bed in the dark with no insomniac roommate. I just wanna poke his eyes…

I tried it out, it was a nice peaceful noise that put me to sleep, just like a whirring fan or the constant rumble of an air conditioner does… so what’s so special about this file? The site claims that it rapidly pans. Ok, I threw it into soundforge and had a look at the wave, and I don’t notice any panning even when zoomed way in. Then I played the right and left channels seperately, and I didn’t hear any pulsing in the volume, which would indicate panning (I did this with a nice set of headphones). It’s a cool idea, and I wonder if it works, but I think this wave file is rubbish. Anyone know of a good place to get a better/real auditory trance file?

Try BrainWave Generator

bwgen.com/

I haven’t tried it yet, but it definitely does what it claims (at least in that it makes stereo sounds).

Brainwave generator works well.

Try LD test preset for a really effective preset, though with time it isn’t as much effective.