Funny dream cue / RC experience

Hi. Long-time lurker here. I’ve been into LDs for about the past 5 years, having had everything from “wow I’m dreaming”->wake-up ones to full Matrix-like world control. The latter are the kind that have gotten me hooked, but with my busy life I tend to have cycles where I “forget” about LD’ing and have none for a while; then I get addicted again and have 1-2 per week.

Well, recently I had a RC experience that I had to share. I very often have dreams where I am myself today (i.e. 33, married,…), but I’m back in college for some reason. So, I have made that a dream cue. Recently I went to a customer location that is a research facility (I am an IT consultant). The basement labs reminded me of those in the chemistry department back at school; the sights, sounds, and especially smells. So much so that I felt compelled to do reality checks to confirm I wasn’t dreaming. It was a very strange, almost dreamlike feeling all day, as if this couldn’t really be real life. I was there with my boss, and I just had to explain all this to him… yea, he understood completely…riiight :uh:

I just thought I’d share this becasue of the strange half-dreamlike feeling. I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like having a waking LD, but I knew not to try any “Neo” stuff. My boss thought I was strange enough as it was. :wink:

Hi Rhodestar! Nice to see you de-lurked :smile:

I can relate well to your experience of not being sure if you are dreaming and I’m sure many others have, too. I have made a couple of posts in the past about it.

Just checked this out and the link is here

That used to happen to me often…but never allday like that. Just for like five minutes at a time.