Can we make the dream a reality?

Does anyone else here believe that we have the abilities to do anything we chose in this world as well as the dreamworld?

“Have you ever had a dream that was so real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you tell the difference between the real world, and the dream world?”

Hey there Atreyu!
Welcome to the ld4all forum :smile:

I 4 one sure do believe this :smile: What kind of things r u referring to when u r asking about the ‘world’ tho? Because if u mean things like flyingor something, then im not sure anout taht 1 :confused: lol HAving the ability to fo aNYthIng we wwant in our dreamworld is the best thing some1 can think about b4 they go to sleep :happy: Anything imaginable can happen and u r the one and only person controlling taht dream :happy:

Didnt “morpheus” from the matrix say this lol? R u asking us this as well? Well if u r here is My answer :smile:…because im not that experienced of a dreamer i have not had a dream taht was so real…hopefully i will eventually tho :smile:…I have however had the frightful experience of thinking taht i cant wake up from a dream…was not fun at all :confused: I think that i freaked out badly in the dream, ran to a dream door, opened it and then i was awake…and No it wasnt a FA, im sure…Like i said, because i am not taht experienced of a dreamer, i probably would be able to tell tge diff. between the real world and teh dream world. My dreams are NEvEr as clear as real life and i am never really able to control my dream body, my brain tell it do to things but i dont really fell liek i have control over it.

Interesting question tho :smile:

Arite 2 things…

First, I am a strong believer that one day I will wake up from a life lived in a dream that I’m having one night but I don’t remember anything about my actuall life, and that I’ve somehow slowed time in my dream so that it lasts a lifetime. One day I’ll wake up.

Second, Atreyu is freaking awesome, one of the best hardcore bands I know. I just got the new cd suicide notes and butterfly kisses, it’s amazing. Welcome to ld4all.

:edit: aww man, I read your thing in the why you choose your nick thing, I thought you liked tha band, But yeah I’ve seen that movie, didn’t think of it though. It’s a good movie too. lol sry bout that.

Carlos Castaneda said that the process that we go thru in order to become conscious and act purposefully in dreams is NO DIFFERENT from the process that we go thru in order to assemble our perception of the real world.
In other words, we are creating this world as we create the dream world. It’s just that we learned to create this world so early in life that we have forgotten what we went thru.

On a personal note, I relate the process of becoming conscious in dreams to my every day efforts to gain control of my own mind, choosing how I wish to react to each everyday situation. Both happen little by little and take discipline and concentration. And they seem to correspond to each other.

Atreyu in most my dreams i fly, walk through walls and objects x-ray style or walk over water or do self hypnosis.
If a dream was very real u have a great chance that on automatic pilot those things would happen anyway like they now happen anyway even when iam not lucid in a dream.
Often this is what happens just automatically to me and then i realize there after that iam dreaming, and then become lucid.

So i think i would see through it sooner or later :wink:

Jeff

well Kat…yes it was Morpheus who said that, i’ve heard him say it many time but never really applied it the way i do now…i am on journey to have COMPLETE control of my mind…i believe that things like telekinesis, astral projection, telepathy, teleportation, and all other abilities of the mind are very real and possible…i myself have only been able to move small objects only a little a few times…i have also been meditating a lot…i have learned to be somewhere else…not literally but i can concentrate hard enough to actually be where i am thinking of…its like making myself dream while i am awake…its much harder thatn a normal dream because you have to do it on your own…your subconcious dosn’t do the dreaming for you…i have been doing this for a while…and after i found this site i’ve been having lucid dreams quite often…i’ve had 4 lucid dreams since i became a member to this site…in my dreams, i fly, teleport, move things with my mind, i do all of the things that i believe are possible…so that’s why i posted morpheus’s quote…what if i couldn’t tell that this is real…and i belived, truly believed, that i was dreaming and anything is possible…would it work?[/u]