Cheap laptop for dream diary?

I’m thinking of buying a cheap laptop to have right beside my bed just for having a dream diary :cool:
Is this just a waste of money ? Should i really just use Gasp a pen and paper!? And i mean a really cheap laptop, like a old 133 mhz one.

Comments welcome ^^

It depends if you want to spend the money or not… I usually just keep a piece of paper and a pen/pencil by my bed. That way I can quickly jot down a few key words concerning the dream, and usually if I read through those words later I can still recall the entire dream pretty clearly.

Then again, if I tried to type after just waking up I don’t even want to know what it’d look like :peek:

Well, you could buy the laptop not onlu or the dream diary but also to put those sound files and other thingies to help you LD. So yeah, i think its ok to buy it.

Ampount is right about the other possibilities a laptop offers, but apart from that I prefer to keep it simple.
However, if you don´t like pen&paper, I´d rather invest the money into a small voice-recorder. Never tried it, but I imagine it to be a really good thing when you are way too lazy to get up at night and switch on a light to write down your dreams.

tapir

Yes, it’s really convenient. Also you can use it for RC :smile:.

Sometimes I begin thinking of the dream once I wake up and almost imagine myself writing it down when I realise I haven’t done this yet!

[color=olive]Hello fellows,
That is a really good idea. Question for the computer nerds, If i wanted a labtop with internet, that I could go on here, instant messaging, and maybe check e-mail, and type out my dreams in the morning like previously mentioned. What do you think the cheapest I could get this for is? even if it’s older and stuff, just one that works. And if anyone has any suggestions on like a certain one that they have or something. Price is the main thing though, cause I am lacking a permenant form of income (a job :wink: )

-Eric-[/color]

well i don’t know where you live and what currency i should use, but you could get one for $200 american dollars if you’re lucky, maybe even less.
but beware when buying an old laptop, i have one that is 4 years old and it still works fine, but it has a small crack in the side and the screen is starting to go wacky.
especially watch out if a student owned it first because we all know how students treat expensive equipment.

Thanks Alex! I do live in the States, so you guessed right. This is good news, only around 200 or less. And you are right kids take expensive stuff for granted.