If you had the choice to, would you?

ok heres my question: If you had the choice to fall asleep and never wake up, and be stuck in a dream forever, would you? I know i would. Id rather live in a dream world than the real world. I wouldnt miss anything about my life one bit. I’d actually feel releived to leave everything and everyone i ever knew behind. I’d be happier than ever, being in dreamland forever. In my dreams Im always so happy and free, but IRL i feel depressed and constricted all the time. I have a very unhappy life, and i often wonder if its worth living. Sure my life could be worse, but it would be better if i was stuck in a dream. I feel like my dreams are the only thing i have to live for. I feel so pissed off every morning when i wake up, because i know i have a whole day ahead of me. I always look forward to going alseep at night. I just wish i could dream forever.

So what’s the point in being on this realm if all you want to do is dream?

Even tho i dont have unhappy life and i consider myself really lucky so far.I appreciate a lot what faith has given me.Even tho i think same like you Blazinfish.I agree with almost every word.
Id go to the dreamworld instantly.
My reasons would be a fear of the future here,being older and sick,unknown destiny,maybe cancer,maybe a heart stroke,uncertainity of this life…know what i mean?its not because i was treated bad by life.Its because i predict that from now on(im 30) things will be just going down.Maybe im too pesymistic but thats how i see it.And thats why id choose a dream.

ps.and hey…think about it sexuallywise:)When imagination is a limit:)Im there for any cost:)

Blazeinfish

I am sure a lot of people would prefer LD s to there real life. Why wouldn’t they. In an LD you are nearly omnipotent. But your post concerns me a little. It sounds like you’re very depressed and maybe you need some help getting through this hard time. There are people that can help. I know right now you can’t imagine ever being happy (except in your dreams) but you can. LD ing can be a great way to learn how to enhance your real life and make it more enjoyable.

With all that said. If I were offered to chance to dream lucidly for ever I would have a hard time turning that down. Im not so sure I would. Ld ‘s are an awesome experience.

no because in the dream world you cannot experience real love. True love is something you will only experience in the real world, love in a dream is not the same as it is your subconscious giving you the impression of love.

while dreamworld is far better than this one that is the only thing i would not want to give up, being loved. Loved by someone who loves you not because you dream them to love you.

But what if a permanent LD turned into a permanent nightmare and you couldn’t wake up? :cry:

It seems that too much of anything is not good. “Everything in moderation.” (Although shouldn’t it be some things in moderation?)

I would for sure say yes to that offer, but only if i was able to end it when i wanted… I think most people would be tired after having lets say 500 years long Lucid Dream, by then you have probably done everything you can possible imagine… I would have no problem swapping my life for a 80 years long conscious dream though :smile:

Yeah I agree with Tomas, it goes back to that “If you could live forever” post, you’d probably go insane…
Would be pretty kickass for 100 years though… :cool:

Agent11421

It’s an LD. So you would simply change it from a nightmare into something more pleasureable. :smile:

I doubt you would ever really ‘run out of things to do’, but I’d say no, if offered the chance to LD forever. Perhaps for a few weeks, or a few months, hell maybe even a few years, but not forever.

Well I would say yes, but theres one major downfall, there’d be no-one else there. Anyone else in your dream would just be a part of your mind, and not real, so you would get rather lonely…

Dark Matter said what I was thinking,So no.
I would rather live a real life then be in a LD for good.

It would mean being alone (only with your sub-c) FOREVER… and it could develop into anything if I lose my lucidity (and get it again, say in 100 years, if not never)… Not to mention that dreams are built from your memories of RL, and you don’t see any thing new RL, they are the same all the time (different, but still built from the same “blocks”).
I would agree, but only with possibility of TRUE Shared Dreaming (so i would become something like aSpirit Guide or Dream God).

Three years ago I would’ve said ‘Yes! Please put me into an everlasting dream where I never have to be in touch with bland reality, stupid society and ignorant people EVER AGAIN’, but times have changed, and I don’t have such a strict urge for escapism anymore (although I still enjoy it). So no.

Think about this; lucid dreams are so wonderful because we can do anything we want, because everything can be so gorgeous and intense and free. Compared to what, actually? Compared to daily reality. If you lost that reality and were to live in a dream forever, your dreams and wishes and experiences would lose purpose and intensity, because there’s no opposite. Perfection can only be aimed for if imperfection exists; if there are no lows, everything may be high, but it’s also at the same level.

I’m the kind of person who lives for the highs AND the lows, for the contrast in life. Whether I feel intense pain or intense happiness, both make me feel alive. I enjoy interacting with other people, I enjoy challenging myself. As amazing as an eternal paradise sounds, it’d make my life feel useless. What’s there to strive for if you can instantly have everything you want?

i see your point…living in your fantsy world for all eternity to do what you please seems perfect…living in a world created by your mind…but our minds are what they are because of what we experience in this life…if you shut down now, you may never open your mind to its full extent because you have not allowed your mind to fully grow…i agree that living in a lucid dream for all eternity seems great…but, i believe that the after life will be just like that…our most beautiful dream!

Ashvura

Very good point. You remind us that everything must be kept in balance. I now agree that if you were to live in a LD forever that it would lose it’s excitement. Maybe not after a year or 2. But what about a decade or a century.

I think theres more to it.I think that being in ld would be just a step on the bigger journey.I think something lies above that realm.And there might be number of “aboves”:slight_smile:
I wish its like that and i guess im lucky enough to see it my own eyes one day.Cuz it has a good chance to turn out true:)

The thing is, If you dream forever, do you think the enjoyment would run out? It’s great when you can only do it when you go to sleep, and you do other stuff during the day and your minds off of it. But if you always had it, what would you look forward to, it would always be there. :neutral: