Light switch working in a dream??

Last night I was having this weird dream that I had all of these amps, eq’s and speakers in my room from work (which would be cool) so their was alot of lamps around. So I went over to turn one on, and it didnt work, so I plugged it in, then BAM, it worked. Whats up with this?, didnt even use it as a R.C

Another thing, Im getting more concious in my dreams, in the same dream last nite I was wearing shoes that I had 2 years ago, and I remember questioning that in my dream. Does this mean I am getting closer to having self induced ld’s. peace.

i, personally don’t put too much faith in the light switch reality check. some people say light switches work just fine in their dreams, others say it doesn’t, just find a reality check that works for you. for me, i’m pretty good at flying, so i try to fly as a reality check, but i wouldn’t use something like walking through walls as a reality check, because i’m not good at it yet, and sometimes i can do it and sometimes i can’t, it’s hit or miss like that

anyway, starting to question things in your dreams i believe is calle “prelucid” and, yes, it means you’re getting closer to lucidity. shouldn’t be too long now, better think of something to do once you’re lucid… i suggest flying :angel_fly:

A dream (including lucid ones) are just images, thoughts and feeling created by your brain. Whether or not a lightswitch works really comes down to you.

My guess would be that RC only work due to a measure of belief. If you believe that something will or willnot happen in a dream, then when you dream and you check it, it will be behave as you expect (to a degree at least).

Electronic devices often don’t work in my dreams when they’re scary, but normal happy dreams have perfectly fine working electricity, including lightswitches and stuff. Actually my television staying on whilst I plugged out the cable is one of my nightmare subjects.

Recently I had an LD in which I used a lightswitch as an RC; it didn’t work. Then I noticed it switched on the light in the hall… which sort of freaked me out…

If I go prelucid I have to train myself to look at my hands then… because so far the hands-trigger works quite well for me. (If only I now could remember to look at them XD)

Oh ive had some experience with ‘lightswitch frustration’…heheh. In one dream I was in a class, this friend Robert was doing some sort of presentation, wanted to turn off the lights but could not cuz of the desk arrangement, so i got up to turn them off. The panel did not work, all 4 switches would do random things. I then found another panel right under it (did not notice it to be dreamsign), those didnt work, i then found another behind a rolled up curtain, same result. I proceeded to discover panel after panel and i remember looking at the wall at like 15 different panels of differing sizes and number of switches on them, in my typical dream stupor like ‘wha?’ heehhee.