OMG! I went to this site in a dream and DIDN'T become lucid!

AMAZING! I have stooped to new low! I know im bad at recognizing that I’m dreaming(can only become lucid when i find my one, single dreamsign), but cmon! In big letters I could see that banner saying are you dreaming and the words lucid dreaming right in front of me! and I didn’t think for once that this might be a dream! urghh!

(Thanks for listening to my ranting and venting)

Yes, it is very understandable. It is very frustrating indeed! Maybe next time hopefully you will notice that text and become lucid. :smile:

I wish you a better luck next time! :content:

heh reading text only made me lucid 1 time and from then on text appears normal in my dreams and it doesn’t ever change no matter how many times i look away. :cry:

Why should you get lucid just because you have a dream about the forum? Even if it does say “are you dreaming?” in your dream, it does so in RL as well. It’s not like it’s so very different from what you experience in real life.

I have read things and noticed it change and didnt become lucid, thats also frustrating. Its weird how reality checks work very well for some people, but for others it does nothing.

The fact that you noticeed the "are you dreaming " thing and didnt do a reality check just drives home the importance of actually performing these RC’s.

How frustrating! I’ve had the exact same experience, as well as a few other similar ones. Surfing ld4all, using a giant computer screen to sort my dreams into lucid and nonlucid, talking to my best friend about how fun the present dream was… all this, and no lucidity. But at least it shows that you’re thinking about dreaming, which should eventually lead to an effective RC.

Good luck in the future!

You won’t believe how many ld4all forum dreams I have had…I haven’t been able to use them to get lucid yet! :cry:

Im not too good with RC but i do know that they are ineffective unless you seriously consider whether or not you are actually dreaming while doing them. When i was trying to do RCs when i first started I unwittingly fell into the routine of doing a reality check but not actually seriously considering it, perhaps being habituated of the result being ‘no your not’ so that it would subconsciously effect the whole manner in which i did the reality check. I eventually got my RC thing fixed and actually do seriously consider if it is a dream.
You have to kind of get your mind convinced that it could possibly in fact be a dream, for me i look around at everything not as i normally do (though thats changing) but instead i observe completely, as if whatever i was looking at is going to change before my very eyes. Thoughts like ‘its never going to work’ and whatnot is the ego trying to screw you over. Hmm i need to start doing RC practice more ive kind of lagged of late… :shy: . You know youre doing the RC effectively if your whole consciousness shifts and it seems like you enter a new state of heightened awareness of everything.

Anyways hope that helped a little.

Don’t feel bad, I’ve had the same experience. Sometimes I’m even writing in my LD journal in a dream immediately following an LD, and I don’t become lucid…