This happened to anyone else?

I figured this went here, since I’m pretty new to this…Anyway, last night, I went through some of the basic “I will have a dream. I will know I’m dreaming” stuff before I went to sleep. I woke up later in the night to go to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands I thought ‘what if this is a dream?’ It took a few tries to stick my head through a mirror and a half dozen “look at the clock twice” things to convince me I was fully awake. This happen to anyone else when they were first starting out?

You mean still feeling as though it’s a dream when it isn’t? Happens all the time. :tongue:

Happned to me one time. I only RC once and then convinced me that i was in RL. Wy dont you start to do RC everytime you see a mirror…
could help :wink:

I woke in the night a few days ago. I looked at my clock. Looked away. Looked back again. It had jump forwards six minutes.

I was ready to try and do something special when I deiced to look at my clock again.

It read the same time. No matter how many times I looked, it always read the same time. My eyes had been playing tricks on me :sad:.

Ah well, good thing I didn’t try and jump outta my bedroom window :tongue:.

That always happens to me. I glance at the clock, it says 6:53. I look back and pay more attention, and suddenly it says 9:23.

This happened to me a few days ago. I woke up, quickly got ready for work and jumped in the car. A short moment later the idea occured to me that I might still be dreaming. Usually I can tell pretty much straight away whether or not I am, but this time was weird. I got that same feeling of excitement that you can only get when you do realize you’re dreaming, so I hastily looked around for some indication to prove it either way.

Turns out I wasn’t, but it felt exactly like becoming lucid in a dream.

yeah somtimes i will be doing somthing normal and i get a feeling that its a dream…and it turns out it isent, but thats just me i geuss-do a reality check everytime i see somthing weird.

You know like you (usually) know the feeling that you’re in a dream, (to me it feels light headed and ‘swirly’) and the feeling when you’re awake (give you a clue, it’s what it feels like now!) well I usually know the difference between the two.

But one night was really wierd, cos I’d gone to sleep, woke up ‘crying’ (like I’d been crying in a dream and while waking up I’d screwed my face up and stuff but wasn’t actually crying) and then I heard my bro shout through the door “are you ok?” I thought, oh shit, I must’ve been crying loudly, like talking in my sleep. So I said yeah, and went back to sleep (being a lazy git) and in the morning, I couldn’t remember whether that had actually happened or not, and I thought, of course it happened what sort of thought is that, only being in a dream would make me think that a normal awake time wasnt really real, so I did some reality checks, and I was awake, and then I felt like a doofuss, cos I must really be taking the whole LD thing too far and I must be going crazy not to know whether I’m awake or not!

And it turned out that my brother had never asked if I was ok.

Was this an FA? I hadn’t heard of them at the time.

I thought you only had FA 's when you had an LD?

This thing is really making me loopy!!!

sounds like an FA to me, you don’t necessarily have to have an LD to have an FA

I wake up sometimes in the night, then fall back to sleep. In the morning, I question whether I was really awake or not (it’s happened to me my entire life).

Sometimes someone would tell me I had woken up. Sometimes common sense told me I hadn’t. But the mojority of the time I don’t know.

So I take an RC everytime I wake up now, just to be sure ^_^.