Y2k bug, move over

It has been said often that the world is so screwed up that the only way it will be fixed is because of some force thretening global distruction. There was a big scare at the turn of the millinium over the Y2K bug. Centering around the idea that we didn’t know what would happen when the date on verious computers across the world changed from 99 to 00. But that never came. Currently we are faced with something quite abit more concrete and devestating that is just now leaking out into the media.
I’m talking about Peak Oil. We’ve been hearing for years that are natural resources are not renewable and in the next 5 to 10 years this is going to become all too clear.
Now i’m going to put up a link. Whial i don’t necessaraly agree with the extremity of this sites veiw of the future, I do agree that in the next 30 years the face of the earth is going to change. This isn’t a consperacy theory, nore is it paranoya. This is suported by fact upon fact and expert upon expert as well as very distinguised people within the current presidincial administraion.
If you visit this link and are not convenced search for something that disproves it. and if you find something please send me a link. or post it here.

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

Just tring to spread the word

I think it’s an over reaction. Why don’t we actually do something about it instead of sitting on our butts worying about it. For example, fusion technology. Instead of investing in buying oil, why not put more money to fusion technology. The benifits outway the costs to several thousand years, ie, no one would ever have to spend anything to get power. This means that there is no need to tax electricity higly. Electricity would become cheaper.

lol, I’m scared. Sorry, lol. Ok, I’ll read it in depth.

OK, we’ve lived without oil at our early stage of evelution. We DON’T need oil. There are millions of alternatives, that with a bit of cash and effort, can be improved to satisfy our needs for now. What confuses me, is don’t you need oil for war? Lol.

All I’m saying is that I think that the human race is better at adapting tahn bacteria.

I does make you stop and think. It does change the way look at our future. But I still think that all hell wont brake loose. Our goverments, while they tend to be annoying, aren’t stupid. They will proably limit oil to more essential things, and start to create more ressearch into alternatives.

Fusions is best to study. Zero point is out of our grasp, we have no idea of how to do it. Fusion, however, has been tested in labs. So it is more of a reality.

i agree technodreamer. The world is not going to end. If we are indeed aproching the end of the oil age in the next few decades, though there are going to be some major changes. the thing you have to remember when saying that we lived with out oil befor is all the oil we use in food production and agreculter. all the agreculteral technology we have depends on oil in some for. Insectesides used to spray crops are oil based, all the equipment we use to harvest and grow crops, the equipment we use to artificailly creat the hormons we feed to live stop, to cow to make them comtinueally prodoce milk and to chickens to make them continually lay eggs, not to mention the transport of the end product and packaging. Heres the deal before the industrial revolution when we started using oil for all of this yes we did get along fine. But the population has grown inincly. from i think somewere around 5 million 150 years ago at the start of the revolution to over 6 billion now. once we run out of oil we wouln’t be able to produce anywhere nere as many crops as we do now.

and Its easy to say just invest in new technologies instead of buying oil but, reallize that every bit of technology we have now is connected with oil.

Anyway i want to write my Ideas of what might happen if this is indeed coming but i don’t have enough time.

As far as i’m concerend, This changes my thoughts of my life and thr future. And you can’t logically ignore it or write it off. We know that oil is a non-renewable reasource and we’ve been using it like crazy for 150 years. Its like you have access to a millionairs bank acount only no money is ever put into it and you don’t know how much was there to start with but you keep pulling some out for a new car, a house, and one day theres nothing left.

I’ll post my ideas later.