Most effective method?

I just recently discovered this website, and the idea of lucid dreaming is a wonderful and exciting one.

For those who have succesfully achieved lucidity several times, what is the most effective method when awake to achieve lucidity while dreaming? And about how long since you tried to achieve lucidity did you actually have a lucid dream?

Thank you.

Hi,welcome to this forum

Nobody can tell you what the most effective method is,that depends on the dreamer.If there was a “best method”, this forum would be useless :wink:
Just read through the “how” section and try the method that you like best.
I had my first lucid dream before i tried to achieve one.How long it takes can also be very different,perhaps a method works for you after 3 weeks,after a year, or perhaps you get lucid tomorrow without even trying.
But,no matter which technique you´ll do, reading and thinking about LDing and dreams in general helps a lot.

good luck
Traumgänger

Personally, it took me a week of reality checks and keeping a dream journal to have my first five minute or so lucid dream. I highly reccomend reality checks and MILD together, with a dream journal of course, they are effective for a lot of people I speak with. I estimate that I do about 50 reality checks a day now, (counting my fingers), for the last four or five days, and I have had a lucid dream once a night for the last three nights. The key to lucid dreaming is being suspicious of reality.