opening your third eye.

I have a vague childhood memory, one in which my spirit guide (I guess)
said he’d take me to the next dimension. He said he activated my chakra’s. I only remember a feeling of pure bliss when I went through my fifth chakra and a feeling of becoming a pyramid when I became one with the sixth, my third eye. I assure you this was as intense as any rugtrip could be. does anyone recognise this kind of experience? I never have been able to control my emotions like that or open my third eye since childhood.

thats amazing. im reading… or rather im tring to find the book… The secrets of the flower of life. alot of it is total crap. and alot of it is really really cool. it mentions opening your third eye. im going to borrow it from my friend if i cant find it on my own.

If you can imagine a white tigle between your eyes you can do it.
It just takes a little practice.
You see, we all have a light receptor there.
Its all in meditation. Try to think of nothing just observe the feeling/sensation.

Extra eyez are cool :alien: Umm…just one question. How exactly does this work, and what do you do to “open it?”

“White tigle?” What do you mean by that?

I’v never heard of this before but it sounds interesting.

I think he/she meant “tingle” as in a tingling sensation.

Yes kenny i have had that experience several times…in lucid dreams when i did it by focussing my awareness at the third eye spot, or when i am wake to, although it is then weaker then when i experience it while i dream…it can be a strong experience…Ramakrisjna (yogi)…teacher of vivekananda said u can use it for creating an obe…wel i never tried it for that myself! I just tried it in my ld to create a hypnotic trance and indeed it works good 4 that.

Oh, okay that makes more sence. I was reading about this method to have LD and it talks about the third eye. Very cool.

[color=green]
Actually “tigle” is actually used by the dzogchen and dream yoga masters to denote a point where a few energy meridians meet.
You usually feel the third eye tingling because it is on the main center meridian which runs from your butt, up your spine to that spot.
This meridian is called the Governing Vessel Meridian. To connect that meridian with the other main meridian you touch your tongue to the hard palate of your mouth behind your teeth like you are saying “L”.
This connects it to the conceptor vessel which runs from your tongue down the front of you to your butt.
This will also enhance your “third eye meditation”.
This is a trick I learned from a QiGong expert.

[/color]

Hmmm this discussion is really interesting me because ever since I was a child I have been able to get that tingling feeling at my third eye even before I knew what the third eye was. I can even do it now while I sit here… just by concentrating awareness at that one spot.

In fact as little kids my sister and I used to tease each other by pointing at each other’s third eye, keeping the finger about an inch away from the head. It would cause the spot to tingle even more. Weird memory. That came out of nowhere while I was reading the previous posts.

Great LostBoy, nice story!

Good info PhantomSpectre!

:smile:

My God, LostBoy. I certainly didn’t expect to see this when I work up this morning. Ok, here goes:

Quite a number of years ago I discovered that by putting an object a few inches from this area between the eyes, I could feel a kind of ‘pressure’ being applied somehow. The intensity of this feeling was almost directly deteremined by both how far away the object was, and (get this) how sharp it was. Pens and other pointing devices can generate a REALLY large (and unbareble) sensation there. To dispell it, I simply have to touch the area between the eyes with my finger. It also helps to hold it there for a moment.

My friends took advatage of this during school, often holding things up to my head in an attempt to invoke a reaction. None of them had any idea what I was talking about, and probably even thought I was making it up. A series of tests later proved that it also worked with my eyes closed! Well, kind of. Usually only if I was holding the pen, which meant that all I really needed to do was know that there was something there.

With concentration I can generate a VERY small response from this area, but nothing compared to using an instrument. I also can’t explain why it works better with a sharp item. When using a compass or other extremely sharp metal object, the senses would be raging off the chart. Equally, using my finger only creates a small (yet still completely noticable) tingle.

I guess my point is this: Why dosn’t everyone have this feature? Or, if they do, why don’t they all experience the same level of intensity that I do?

Until a few years ago this was actaully preventing me from wearing sunglasses. I’m not kidding. Putting on the glasses would trigger this tingling sensation for the duration of my using them. Even now, I can still bring this sensation alive to the same level - so what the hell is it? :blush:

Wow this is interesting, i was wondering how strong the feeling is. I think i’ll try it later when i have more time. I wonder if anyone has got any lucid dreams from it. If so please say so. :wink:

I have that sensation too.Sometimes it strong enough to feel a pencil a couple inches away and sometimes it’s just too weak to feel anything.

Sunglasses aren’t a pain for me however.Sometimes it actually feels nice to put them on.

The felling is the strongest when a fly or something flies right in front of my face.

Oh.One more thing.My sister doesn’t notice any tingling sensation in that area unless something surprises her.

So this is weird, huh?
I don’t get any different feeling from sharp objects but I certainly get a tingle when my finger is hovering over the spot.

Maybe its just an extension of awareness picked up through that particular chakra? Strange though that I don’t sense it at any of the other ones. Though you know, I have never been able to really feel the other chakras nearly as well as the third eye.

I have the same thing, but it doesn’t have to be the area between the eyes. It can be anywhere in my face, for example on my cheeks.
It also works on other places of my body, but not as strong as in my face.

Where exactly is the third eye? Between the eyes, eyebrows or a bit above 'em?

Because this guide says to put your finger in the middle of your eyebrows, and pull it back 3 inches or so and focus on it, close your eyes and that should ‘tingle’ the third eye, but it didn’t really work for me, is this the right location to look at?

Interesting stuff…

Maybe when you were placing an object or something in front of it, you were focusing your attention to that specific area and that’s what caused the effect. It sort of makes sense because by what Atheist said, the different feeling you have for the object placed there (ex. sharp can be dangerous or induce small pain) is probably why you get a different reaction from the area.

Well Atheist, this and what LostBoy were talking about are similar.
You see the head has 2 main qi/ch’i/ki input points. One is the third eye.
The second is GV20 at the top of the head. Not to mention the gallbladder meridian is all over the head, plus the stomach meridian, plus the bladder meridian. So if your senses are highly developed enough, I believe you can sense it. Many of the original “wudang shan qi disruption forms” take advantage of this fact.
You can find information on this at:
taijiworld.com/Articles/disrupt.html

Also if you would like to enhance your third eye meditaion try these qigong (it will also enhance the clarity of your dreams):
taijiworld.com/Articles/reasons.htm

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the articles Phanthom.

-I am a journalist and nearly 6-7 years before I made an interwiew with a
bioenergist. Althoght I am not religious or believe anything I don’t know
for sure she told me that I have a third eye and I closed it myself when I
was 7 years old because I afraid of it. (I don’t remember) She said she will
open it and told me to make some meditations. I don’t believe her but
unfortunately my friends at at work did. I begin to make the meditations
unbelivingly and some strange things begin to happen.
1- I begin to see the peoples auras.

2- One of the friend at work was cancer. Althought she was an atheist too
she asked me to send her energy a night before the operation. That night I
tried to produce a blue energy and send it to her. After the operation she
said that a blue light ball entered to her room from the window and filled
all the room. She is still very healty.

3- Another friends father had an accident. She also want me to sent energy
to him. But while I tried, I felt that the blue light I was triying to send
from my heart area strike to a black wall. I told her I couldn’t do it, may
be he didn’t accept. 2 days later he died.

4- My cametrue dreams becames more and more. Once during an afternoon nap I
saw my grandmother and she told me she came to take my father in law. 5
minutes after I woke up the phone rang and our uncle told his death.

5- One night I felt I was dying during my dream a very strong black energy
was pouring towards me. I couln’t move and breathe. But I was thinking as
usually. I was avare from whom the energy was coming. I hold my self, tried
to collect blue energy and trow the black enrgy to its origin. I was saying
“I don’t feel anything bad against you. Don’T do this. Live your own life
and be happy”. I hardly woke myself. This was like the rare nightmares I
had. But I didn’t see that person again. He get out of my life immidiately.

6- I had been dreamed about a place for a few times before. Last time they
told me that it was near Nile and I was a princess in ancient Eigpt in one
of my past lifes.

7 -It was becaming very uncomfortable to see something that night and know
that it will happen the other day. At last I
gave up meditation.
After this I called the bioenergist lady. She told to speak myself as I was
speaking with somebody else as “I don’t want to see these. I am not ready” after
and after. Slowly again I begin not to see the peoples auras, don’t try to
send energy to anybody again. My dreams go on to cometrue but not as much as
that period, but as before.
:eh: