day lucidity

i became aware at some point that you could be lucid during the day. somebody said “now waking lucidity, thats where its at” bs. but even if it were i would probably not be able to identify it as lucidity, it is defined to be like a state of absolute clarity and the only time i’m not clear minded is when im drunk or watching tv. anyone able to recall day lucidity?

EDIT:
I don’t know hwo I ended up thinking what I wrote at the time I wrote it.
I now see what I should have seen at that time.

Without chancing subject I just wanna say that vivid daydreaming is pritty cool. It’s kinda like the demo version of Lucid dreaming.

was what i wrote boring?

I think Djem misunderstands, it is not daydreaming at all.

It is becoming more lucid during the day, during your waking times. So you have more clarity of reality. It’s thought of as a spiritual path.

Here is an excerpt from a webpage I’ve been reading recently, dreamyoga.com/

Not sleepwalking through life is the key.

I myself have never became “lucid” while I’m awake. I mean, I’ve never had some major awakening that makes me see things more clearly … but I’m working on it. :wink: I’m also gonna study up on this “turiya” deal, and work towards that.

So these 3 things; lucid dreams, waking lucidity, and lucid deep sleep/turiya are similar, but very different. But the main goal is to be fully conscious/lucid during all different phases your body goes through. So I hope you see, day dreaming is quite opposite.

Is this what people are talking about when they talk about being aware. Like increasing your awareness of everything around you?

When you finally realize that this ‘existance’ is actually a dream in itself, and the only reason we are concious is that we have a will to wake into this world. According to science, this world cannot exist because there is no such thing as begining. That is to say, matter cannot be created, therefor, we are not here. It’s strange, and for some, hard to comprehend. I am only 17 years old, and I see the world in a new light. It doesn’t matter what I do here, as long as I live and let live. Even that does not matter. I find most things strange and alien now. I view humans as just another animal, and I am just another animal. We have our behavior patterns and whatnot…It’s hard to explain, it’s just a…knowing.

I would like to know what you think. Feel free to email me at ChristopherOr@hotmail.com

Do you find it harder to enjoy things when you’re like like, because since you’re so aware then you can’t just sit back, relax and enjoy one thing, at least not to the degree that you could normally.

Actually, I find myself analyzing everything, it really does get tiresome. I’m not always in this state, I kind of have to work myself into it, but when I do, things do get pretty interesting.

Oh, thats ok if you’re just have it on and off, but if you were to do it properly, like totally master it, you’d have to be doing it all the time, and I’m not sure that it would actually be worth it.

Well, there is this thing called enlightenment. I think that is when you just know… When you can think of things in a totally different view. Most of my friends kind of get creeped out when I point stuff out, like errors and things in teenagers language. I really do loathe how most of them speak. It is all catch phrases and vulgar words and whatnot. Anyway…

Ever heard about the finger pointing to the moon? Enlightenment is the moon. Talking about enlightenment is the finger. If you pay attention and reach that state of “day lucidity” (it has always been there actually so nothing is really “reached”), enlightenment turns out to be just another concept without substance. The reason why all those spiritual masters talk about enlightenment is because it’s the only way they can get their students practice with all their effort. Who wants to practice their whole live just to get here and now? Oh no, not HERE! Of course everyone who starts practicing does it because he hopes to reach a kind of ultimate state of bliss in which angels are singing everywhere :angel: and great complex mystical “truths” reveal themselves. That’s good for them if this makes them practice. After a long time of practicing mindfulness, they will just give up looking for some absolute truth outside of them, and that’s when the real truth reveals itself.

One night I smoked alot of weed, like more than I ever had before. I don’t know how much that has to do with it, but anyway. The next day everything was different, it was as if I was seeing everything for the first time again. Like all my thoughts and stuff about everything weren’t there, so I could see everything for what it really was. But it gradually faded away :sad: . Do you think that is the same sort of thing?

Well said…
This sort of reminds me of when i was very young, everything i could see and hear was fascinating in its own little way. Ive been trying to get back into this state of mind i used to have, because this was also at a time when i had my best ever LDs. The closest thing I can compare it to for you guys is probably your earliest memories of a big place like a shopping mall, or your earliest memories of playing in the snow…

Can you remember back to a time when everything seemed big, bright and colourful? Can you also think back to looking at the world as a strange landscape? I think that young children are enlightened in their own little way… its only when we get older that we get used to the world around us and it loses the magic it once had.

Its like what BrainHacker said, I dont think there are any great complex mystical “truths” in this world… we just have to analyse the world as children do, as the strange, alien place the world actually is.

We only recieve information about the world from our 5 senses. However, what we can touch, smell, taste, see and hear is less than ONE BILLIONTH of reality. If our mind can create a dreamscape like the real world, who’s to say whats “true” in the first place?

enlightenment is extra hard in this world nowadays, because we constantly have bright colors and beautiful imagery flashing at us. think about it, if you lived in medieval times the only colors you would ever see would be blue and green and dirt. but when you went to visit the breahtaking churches it was probably like a sensory overload. just the vision of bright purple stained glass, and endless vaulted ceilings was enough to give the common serf a glimpse of heaven. nowadays though we have the neon signs and funny pages and etc. and theres nothing that could provoke that same kind of reaction unles we take drugs. just something interesting to think about, i think. maybe if we try and appreciate the true beauty of everything around us, and the wonder of things that we take for granted everyday like our road system. to me, things like our highway system are just astonishing when you think about them.

I live in a landscape with many beatiful sights. All the year I can see sight which I never get used to. In the summer-time I can enjoy the views from a peak, see tall and mighty green mountain end in the endless blue ocean, and enjoy the particular light from the midnight sun (what happens when the sun doesn’t set for several weeks in mid-summer). Now it is autumn, and I can see the nature explode in beatiful colors, and the peaks gets much larger and impressive when they are covered by autumn colors and a thin layer of snow, against a clear blue september sky. In the winter I can se the snow-covered peaks, and beatiful sunsets with lots of colors (sunsets are most beatiful in winter-time over here), not to forget the beatiful stars and the northern light.

So, I have to admit that I never get tired of the landscape and sights here in North Norway. :mmm: This is a perfect place for lucid living! :smile:

(and no, this isn’t from a tourist brochure)

Just wanted to add that living nowdays is propably harder to get lds.I mean supersfast computers,visuall effects,all the movie tricks,all stuff coming from hi-tech.We have become so used to it that we dont see it as extraoridinary what may be carried over to our dreams.
We are used to the fact that there are heaps of things around us which we dont understand-mobile phones,electronics,stuff-we take it for granted and usuall.