When i type my posts through many and different subjects, i always notice people’s avatar… I have seen some cool ones, weird ones that i dont understand, and some that are just easy to understand(like mine, who doesn’t know homer?) I just wanted to take the time to see what your avatar means to you. The reason why, b/c i see some weird ones that i just dont understand, so fill in the empty part of understanding your avatar. I will go first, Homer he is always happy and falling into new subjects that he never understands, but always makes the best of it and makes it funny. So share your ideas :beer: and what you avatar means so i can get a better outlook after i read your post.

My avatar is artwork from Vincent Van Gogh titled “Starry Night”

I’ve always liked this painting since I was taught a lesson about Van Gogh in Jr. High school … or some of you younger folk call it “middle school” now. :wink:

It’s my favorite Van Gogh piece, so now it makes a perfect avatar. I also have this print framed and hung on my wall right above the computer.

Recently, I’ve drawn the parallel of the origins of this site and Van Gogh. Both from the Nederlands. Lucky folk there aren’t far from the Van Gogh Museum. Until I’m lucky enough to visit, I’ll have to resort to the virtual tours the website gives. My friend was lucky enough to see some of his original artwork on her trip to Amsterdam.

… Uh, I’ll be kind and stop here. I can go on forever. :confused: :smile:

My avatar is a picture of Leonard Nimoy as Spock from Star trek.
I’m fascinated by Vulcans ( Spocks race ) becuse there so logical,
but as you can see below I and Spock don’t belive that everything
can be solved by logic :wink:

Mine is from a game I wrote once upon a time…

A beautiful little frog, ready for anything.

My avatar is me, Zaerus. Zaerus is from my comics, which he stars in. They are: WoodRow Legacy, Mad World, Intrepid, Zaerus’ Lair:Chronicles, The Genisis Saga, The Keru-Kai Chrisis, Dragon Pussy, and my current one Dragon Lineage. He is my oldest and most thurough character. I am him and he is me. Zaerus is the ultimate representation of my super ego, my sub-concious, or whatever you see fit to call it. I call been able to have engaging chat’s with my Sub-C, thus spawning Zaerus. Hope this sheds light on me, er Zaerus, oh whatever :wink:

I’m not sure. Somehow it just seemed appropriate. :alien:

Well err…

<— I feel like that sometimes.

It’s the same Googly Minotaur that’s in Amnesiac cover art. Radiohead avatar fits well in lucid forum. :wink:

:blush:
I made mine myself from a collage of man playing a drum, street scene at night and a candle. It is supposed to represent my first and only experience with OBE.
I like to make original avatars for myself and occasionally make them for other people too.

I like to see and know most of these avatars, makes me laugh and funny to say that i am intrested how you got it. I think Zaerus was really great and RealityFailure just really creative, and the Van Gogh is really cool i like the one with screaming heads, not sure whats the name.(very odd and disturbing… I think its from the same artist)I think about your avatars and i would never know what they mean untill i asked. Keep sending your avatars, and tell me how you got them. I like this subject, its good to look back on. :happy:

“The Scream” … that’s one of my brother’s favorite pictures. He has a neon poster of that painting.

I think it is by “Edvard Munch”, but I’m sure the title is “the scream” … how original. :smile:

…Yup. A quick search on Google shows that it is Edvard Munch. Here is an URL to a description and image of The Scream. Thanks for making me look that up, interesting stuff! :content:

My avatar shows a neuron, and it suits my nickname in this forum, BrainHacker. Lucid Dreaming, for me, is hacking my own brain. The search for the magical key to awakening in dreams continues, including the dream of “waking reality” (which is not a dream in its surfacial features - you cannot jump from a building and fly into space there, even if you have seen too much Matrix - but it is still made of the same stuff as nightly dreams, the mind).

Mine doesn’t really represent anything else than my name. Before this i had a blue smiley with sunglasses. :smile:

Um, I just picked mine from one of the set you can choose from, so it doesn’t really mean much. But, Its me hiding in the shadows, I like looking evil… :devil: . hehe…

mine is supposted to be a forest, but the camra angle is too close up. it sorta goes w/ my sn, Palmetto. ok, for those of you who htink out your screen name, i noticed that there are alot of them now, Palmetto is a tree, sorta like a palm tree. i dont really know if it is the tree of dreams, but hey, it sounds cool :content:

~Palmetto~

I’ve decided I need an avitar, so here it is.
This’s what my hand usually looks like in when I’m lucid.

Pretty Cool!

Hah hah… duzz I didn’t realize that your hand had six fingers until I looked a few times… Yet again, I need to work on LL…

My avatar is whatever you want it to be. It is open to interpretation. Well, that’s my excuse for not having one.

Looks like reality is trying to come into focus like a TV.