Where are DC's manufactured?

Often I will come across a DC that I cannot recognize whatsoever. Could these people have been recalled from TV shows that I saw when I was a child, or maybe a real person in a crowd that I caught a momentary glimpse of, several years ago?

Or can a dream really create an entirely new face, with all its intricacies?

Well… we can’t say that you are making people up (necessarily) because we wouldn’t be able to prove that.

But personally I think that DCs are made up (if you don’t know who they are) because you can normally alter their appearance.

I have to agree with Kmcdonald. A large amount of my dreams have DCs who I have never met. Sometimes they resemble people I know, or just bits of different people’s characters. Often they are quite transient and will change between different people.

Dream characters, like everything else are just our perspective of people. They change as our perspective of them changes which is why they can seem to be so changeable.

Well said.I just add that it happens(according to me:)because the thought has a creation power there.What you think you got.There is a lot of people with the theory that the same can be achieved(or actually is happening) in our reality with exception that effect is not instant.There are periods of time between thought and its creation.

i like that:)

before i started reading about LD’s I thought about DC’s…
i wondered who these people were, and what they were doing, because i think some seemed to just observe what i did in my dreams, so i figured, maybe it could be some people, who *possibly access other peoples dreams and ‘watch’ them as a form of entertainment… i dont know… just really wondering about this for a long time, because to me i think sometimes ive felt that i was being watched… and maybe its not from the outside, but from your inside, maybe your unconcsious is observing you… like in lord of the flies, where the beast hunts them from within…??
im just left with questions.

then again, it would be odd if you saw the same ppl in every dream?

Reminds me of this horrible sci-fi book I have that I got from the local library after it was marked “Obsolete”. The basic plot is that an alien race is wiping out all the memories of the people on earth who are engaged in any extremely emotional things at the time. These space travelers follow the signal of the beam that wipes out memories back to their planet. They find out that everyone there is almost human, except for the fact that they are on a schedule like clockwork that they set up for some computers to run them on. And now, years later, their lives are meaningless. Their form of entertainment is watching the memories of people on Earth on huge screens. Of course, the heros shut down whatever reactors there are, and a few lose their memories while at it, and the aliens don’t know what to do or where to go.

The book has some great photos, really cheesy.

hehe kmcdonald. i was about to add that it would probably make a good subject for a movie… but thats only if that wasnt the main idea of the movie.
when i thought about it I was more just wondering who these people were. and one thing i figured out it could be other people when they are sleeping, and then they wouldnt realize they are in someone elses dream or then they just happen to pop there in a part of there dream that they wont remember in the morning… this was one of the possibilities i came up with.,… yeah they are quite a wild shot, but i was younger and didnt know like anything about dreams when i thought of these, but they still remain as a possibility…