What is everyone reading?

Curiosity…

just post what book(s) you are currently reading.

The Foucault Reader - Paul Rabinow
Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything your American History Textbook Got Wrong - Somebody Lowen…can’t remember
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams

I havent read anything lately! Unless,im forced too.

Your avatar is a true reflection of yourself, hubbs… :content:

Right now I’m reading RedMars. It’s the first book in a trilogy aboutthe first people to colonoze Mars. It’s much better than those goofy Mars movies and books. Like in Red Planet they had raging fire. Hello! There’s no Oxygen to fuel the fire. Anyway, I’m pretty sure this book has worked it’s way into my dreams. I.E. I see the orange red skies, and feel the extreme cold (-400 degrees Kelvin. That’s several thousand degres below zero…ouch, lol.)It’s a pretty good book.[/u]

Haven’t read a book in ages, I’m going start reading alice in wonderland soon though :grin: .

Fight Club - Chuck Palahnuik
To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee (For english at school)

Eploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge. and Howard Rheingonld

These are the books I am reading and have read lately:

Consciousness Explained - Daniel C. Dennett
Understanding Consciousness - Daniel C. Dennet
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming - Stephen LaBerge
Dream Interpretation - Fosshage, Loew
Kant and the Platypus - Umberto Eco
Darwin among the machines - George Dyson

Thanks, i tried my best. The last book i ever read, and it was the funniest, greatest, and out of controll book ever. I could not keep my hands off of it for a week and a half. I am sure you are all familar with the title, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. If you havent read it and saw the movie, the book is 10 times better(i could’nt stop laughing out loud), otherwise no books for Hubbs.

Well right now i am reading The Colour Of Magic by Terry Practhett

Bloody Funny!

Have just finished Theif Of Time Which was also bloody funny.

Hi
I am reading Orwells 1984, I suppose many of you know it .It is science fiction, but not star wars style.It is about a society that may come (or has come?) where the people are watched and surpressed by the gouvernment.
And I am halfway through Exploring the world of LDing.I knew already most of the techniques mentioned, but still it is a great book to read.
I read quite a lot of books, one of the best in the last time was “Brave New World” (a bit smiliar to 1984)
Traumgänger

Dream Science- Thomas Palmer
Not quite finished yet but it seems to be about alternate realities/existences (but kinda not…hmm, i dunno yet, can’t wait to finish it.)

traumgänger- if you like the ‘future-shock’ type storyline, you might also like:-
“This Perfect Day” by Ira Levin
“The Sheep Look Up” by John Brunner (Part 2 in a series of 3.)
:wink:

Found this great site …
Online Literature. Public domain literature…enjoy!

I’m reading Macbeth for english and seeing a movie of it and seeing a play of it (it was strange, the actors all wore army uniforms)

(from memory, bear with me)

Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.

Out, out brief candle, life’s but a walking shadow,
A poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. He is an idiot,
Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

takes a bow

I just went to a bookstore. My dad told me to look for something about physics. I found a lucid dreaming book in the physics section! It’s called The Dreaming Universe and I don’t remember the author. I also got a book on the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

I am currently reading the third Harry Potter book for the second time. I have been stressed out lately and its an easy and comfortable read.

I will take this opportunity to again stress that everyone here should read the book Vurt by Jeff Noon… aslo Pollen by same. I think that if you are interested in dreaming these books will hit you right. Two of my favorite books of all time.

Food of the Gods: The search for the original tree of knowledege
Written by Terence McKenna.
Very interesting and it makes you really think, I recomend it to everyone.
Especially if you’re intrested in psychadelichs and shamanism.

I’m trying to read Lord of the rings again, but I always seem to forget about it halfway through the second part… But this time I will succeed, because I don’t want to go to the second movie before finishing the book.

I’m also reading the easy version of “sans famille” for french, but I’m not that good in french, so I don’t read in it very much :bored:

I just read Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams for the first time. It was great! Im gonna read the sequels next.

I’m also reading now and then thick book about Stalingrad by Antony Beevor, great book if you are WWII freak like me.

Tantra, spirituality & sex by Osho. Nice intresting book, i recommend to everyone. :smile:

… and in addition to the above, I have just started reading Holographic Universe. It looks to be a very promising read.