nightmares

this is a nightmare i had as a child: the dream would start with me falling into a purple and black vortex (a perfect spinning spiral image) and some times at the center of the spiral it would either just be the common center of any spiral or there’d be an eye in the center. when the dream took its course it was me in a department store in like a clothes section with people walking about and i was with my dad. i went into the clothes on a rack so it draped around me and when i came out my dad and everyone else had menacing fangs and sharp teeth and their demeanor became evil. what happened after that transformation i forget.

i had many dreams that started with the vortex and they all of them had this fat, shady kid who was responsible for the occurance of the dream and everything bad in it.

has anyone else had such mind grasping nightmares.

Wow, that’s quite a nightmare…I’m sorry to hear that you had so many recurrences of it. I had a recuring nightmare that was horrendous and bizzare many years ago. I distinctly remember that there was a young girl that was somehow integrally attached to it. I instantly thought of it when you mentioned the shady fat boy. Since he is causing the problem, what do you think he represents to you?
Cheers :shy:

well, off the top of my head he may of represented a symbol of everyone that hurts or causes fearful situations.

I don’t know if you believe in the meanings behind dreams, but I do, so I went ahead and looked up a bunch of the symbols you mentioned in your dream. If you want to look up more, I used the dream dictionary at www.dreammoods.com :smile:

Black

[i]Black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.

If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities. [/i]

Purple

Purple is indicative of devotion, healing abilities, loving, kindness, and compassion. It is also the color of royalty, high rank, and dignity.

Spiral

To see a spiral in your dream, indicates that some situation in your waking life is spilling out of control with end. Alternatively, it may mean your creative power and new ideas.

Eyes

[i]To see your own eyes in your dream, represents enlightenment, knowledge, comprehension, understanding, and intellectual awareness. Unconscious thoughts may be coming onto the surface. The left eye is symbolic of the moon, while the right eye represents the sun. It may also be a pun on “I” or the self.

To dream that you have something in your eye, represents obstacles in your path. Alternatively, it may represent your critical view and how you tend to see faults in others.

To dream that you have one eye, indicates your refusal to accept another viewpoint. It suggests that you are one-sided in your ways of thinking.

To see floating, disembodied eyes in your dreams, foretells of good luck to come.

To dream that your eyes are injured or closed, suggests your refusal to see the truth about something or the avoidance of intimacy. You may be expressing feelings of hurt, pain or sympathy.

To dream that you have crossed eyes, denotes that you are not seeing straight with regards to some situation. You may be getting your facts mixed up.

To dream of dark eyes, denotes the forthcoming of romance. [/i]

Clothing

[i]To dream of your clothes, is symbolic of your public self and how you are perceived. It is indicative of the act you put on in front of others. Clothes is also an indication of your condition and status in life.

To dream that your clothes are soiled and you are trying to clean them, signifies your attempts to change something about your character. You may need to change your old habits and old ways of thinking.

To dream that you are constantly changing your clothes, represents the need for change and your need to fit into a new situation or role. You need to establish a new self-image.

To dream that your clothes fit too tightly, denotes that you feel restricted in some way. You may feel constrained in a relationship or held back at work.

To dream that you are shopping for or buying clothes, represents your anxieties about trying to fit in or being “well-suited” for your changing role. [/i]

Fangs

To see fangs in your dream, indicates that you have said some words that have been hurtful to others.

Evil

To dream that someone or something is evil, denotes a repressed and/or forbidden aspect of yourself. This part of yourself may be seeking recognition and acknowledgment. Alternatively, evil may also be a reflection of your strong, negative emotions like hate, anger, etc.