Candy

I don’t know about all that candy-stuff, but Chinese takeout works for me–it’s got to be a certain combination, though; Brandy-fried chicken, pork-fried rice, sweet 'n sour shrimp, and stir-fried vegetables washed down with strawberry soda.

But this is a candy topic…

Does Baby Ruth and Butterfinger ice cream count? Works for me everytime! :wink:

Well if it works, Sure! But I got to wonder? Where do you find out the ingredients of some candy? I want to know, if it does cause LD’s why and how?

At least in Norway, the ingredients of everything that is sold for human consumption is listed on the package. If I should take a guess, simple sugar is often called “brain food” because it gives energy to the brain. Cocoa contains a mild stimulant, that could be a reason why chocolate works. It could be interesting to compare the ingredients of the candy types that work :cool:

ehh, siiw, i believe cacao IS a mild stimulant(remember, it is a pure substance)

Really? I thought it was the theobromine in the cacao :hmmm:

Okay, I tried a small experiment–just a little test, and ate two king-sized candy bars last night, but got nothing–just normal dreams. I thought since they were chocolate (CRUNCH and SNICKERS) they would work, but I guess not–I’ll try a Butterfinger tonight–maybe that could be something everybody could try–you know, test different candy. You’d have to do each candy more than once though–at least three times, just to be sure. :smile:

I had a few hersheys kisses before bed, and I had the longest, most vivid dream i’ve had in a long time. I even did a reality check in my dream. I dont care if its placebo, im just going to ride the wave :cool:

Curiosity, I will be performing a double-blind trial soon on the effects of ‘commonly suggested lucid dreaming supplements’ and plain sugar may be something i try. I would like to know the estimation of sugar content (milligrams/grams) that you guys are consuming that yeilds these affected dreams.

36grams here

And even if it doesn’t effect your dreams, your enjoying some chocolate. You ARE enjoying it, right?!

:devil:

36 grams jeesh. guess i can’t fit that much even in a few capsules. i’ll test some other things.

I think that the sugar and caffine in candy, namely chocalate, would make you hyper. This might make it harder to get to sleep and expirence LD’s

Duh, but being sleepy, hyperness might cause awareness!

Chocolate will make you have vivid dreams?? cool I gotta try however my mom always tells me not to eat chocolate before I go to bed because it keeps you awake or something. Oh well I’m gonna get my own chocolate bar and make it dark chocolate…

I completely forgot about the candy thing last night, and had two really vivid dreams. Not lucid, but still enjoyable :smile:

I have some pure citric acid (the thing that makes stuff sour) I will tell you what happens.

REALLY SOUR

No, Did not work

How much candy and how many hours or minutes before you go to sleep should you take the candy?

As much as you want without getting a tommy ache and right before you sleep…But you know what? I just thought about doing it with WBTB!!! Well now hopefully this liven ups this topic. I’m going to try WBTB + Candy.

Truly a visionary :wink: